Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Is ""Nut" flush a fold here on a paired board?

Old
Is ""Nut" flush a fold here on a paired board? - Tue May 06, 2014, 05:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
BronzeStar
Hi

Please help me with this hand , it's from 2NL zoom cash
I want to know your opinion if this call is -EV on turn or what line is +EV here.

You can find below the stats(don't have much history with them)

Seat 5: Player5 ( $0.79 USD ) - VPIP: 40, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 0,5, Hands: 5
Seat 6: Player6 ( $2.00 USD ) - VPIP: 22, PFR: 13, 3B: 10, AF: 1,0, Hands: 23 - playing on 3 zoom tables

Thanx
Dan

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 06:48 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
** moved to Basic Poker Hand Discussion **

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 07, 2014, 02:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Turn >> I like the turn bet. If your opponents missed then fine, you aren't getting paid anyways but even if they have a small piece of it, its worth staking your claim here rather than the river. You have to hate the check raise but you are so rarely against a full house there. The stats on your opponent look solid and the fact he is playing multiple zoom tables suggests that whilst he isn't g'teed to be a decent player, he is definitely confident in his game.

This is one of the reasons i dislike Zoom.
There are players just speculating so much and only getting aggressive with the nuts. In regular games, you encounter the nuts so infrequently yet in Zoom because the speed of it, it comes up a lot more.

Set vs Set is common
Flush vs Flush is common
FH vs Flush is common

Typically I am only beating fish with my decent monsters (bottom set, two pair) and getting beaten by regs with the nuts when I have the same monsters.

The planets have to align to much for us to get a good hand in regular games.
Position, strong hand and an opponent will the other side of our cooler who wants to stack off.

If this was regular cash I would say go for it, its so unlikely your opponent has a FH yada yada yada
But with it being zoom and your opponent being a decent player from the sounds of it, its a lot more likely he has a FH.

Old
Wed May 07, 2014, 10:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
VIllain's line (check-raising after flatting multiway) is super strong. I think he pretty much has to have a boat here. With trips, he'd just call, as he could be crushed by better trips or a flush.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 07, 2014, 01:00 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
I don't think villain would take that line with a worse flush/Ax that isn't a boat, so without any info it's a sigh fold.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com