Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

if you dont like collusion at the poker table repot it.

Old
if you dont like collusion at the poker table repot it. - Wed May 07, 2014, 01:24 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
i was just wonderring how seious pokerstars is about collusion on their poker sites. If you have any body as good at figuring out trends as me I suggest you have them reaserch my last 10 000 hands it is buy far a large enough sample for you to find the colluders.
I set up a fold on the turn, I also set up a raise preflop with only group 1 hands when players that usually fold the flop and or turn are in the pot. I also used psychological things like off handed comments to get calls that never came in until I didn't have it. its up to you what you do im just simply suggesting for the integrity of your poker site that you check in to it. also ran some numbers on the % of starting hands-winning hands, now im not suggesting that pokjer stars it self is cheating but I am suggesting that you look into the collusion.

Thank You
from some one that takes this game seriously enough to report the colluders. you have my consent to check my last 10 000 starting hands, there are a few times I whent on tilt but youll get the picture im sure.

Old
Wed May 07, 2014, 03:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
If you are concerned about collusion within the site, use the contact support option in the help tab within the client itself.

Personally collusion is so difficult to prove as you may see a pattern in the hands but to actually prove collusion you then have to find a connection between the players involved. technology nowadays means it can be so difficult. and if you are talking about say 5 lads from a pub who live in different parts of a city coming up with code bets or plays but no actual online conversation then you can see how difficult it is to prove.

Imagine the resources it would take to make that kind of link considering you have 100's of 1000's of players playing online daily from all around the world.

of course if it's a ring the resources needed for proof grows exponentionally. A well organised group could for example have 30 or 40 truckers from different parts of europe, they only know the screen names and the code bets to follow and nothing else, moving tables but all 30 or 40 are playing the same time different sets of players interchanging so they don't play the same group for too long.

Upshot is we all worry about collusion for sure and i know it feels like "they know" when for the 3rd time in an hour i get AA or KK in the big blind and everyone folds, Or i make a big bluff with Q high coz i missed my flush and K high is the hand that calls it off. But at the end of the day, it's bad advertising to say they caught cheaters, it dents people's confidence in their system to know they had cheaters there in the first place, catching ppl at it is good but doesn't counter the blow done by knowing they are possibly there.

Pokerstars will probably keep tight lipped about any catches they get and i'm sure they take it very seriously. I've heard, through rumour only so i can't say it's concrete, but i've heard that someone mysteriously got some money gifted to them from pokerstars as a refund due to cheaters being identified on their table. If this is true then it goes to show they do take it seriously but keep a tight lid on it as the rumour continues that they couldn't give specific times or date's just that this player had been on a table at some point with colluders and they were caught and he was compensated.

Again i stress this is only a rumour but if it is true, then they sure do take it seriously, they sure do keep it under wraps, which is understandable, and they even take efforts to get those who have been victims their money back which is a big thumbs up from me but of course it's only rumour and could all be fiction.

Like i say if you have concerns then please raise them with pokerstars themselves via the software.

Last edited by thephoenix11; Wed May 07, 2014 at 03:39 AM.. Reason: mistake

Old
Wed May 07, 2014, 09:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
*Moved to more appropriate forum* - Fadyen

Hi rocketrodcan,

PokerStars takes player security extremely seriously and will look into any and all possible cases of rule violation. If you believe you have witnessed collusion please send an email to support@pokerstars.com with the title 'Collusion report' and an investigation will be carried out. In this email it may be helpful to include player IDs, hand numbers and any other information you feel relevant (please do not share this information on public forums).

Cheers,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 07, 2014, 10:07 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
I'm not sure the OP understands what "collusion" means. Typically it occurs when two players at the same table know each others' holecards, and they "gang up" on other players. I've witnessed it a couple of times, reported it to Stars security, and been refunded a couple of buy-ins. The colluders were banned, I think, because I never saw them again.

If you think other players can see your cards, you're almost certainly imagining it, and to prove some sort of rigging, you'd need a much larger sample size than 10,000 hands. Many players play that many every day, and I think they would have spotted weird "patterns" by now. As far as I know, they haven't. The "patterns" in the randomness only exist in your mind.
If you play more hands, you'll find out that all kinds of crazy things can happen through random luck, just like in live poker. Someone calling your bluff is not remarkable. It happens to me about 20 times an hour!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 07, 2014, 11:52 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
I'm not sure the OP understands what "collusion" means. Typically it occurs when two players at the same table know each others' holecards, and they "gang up" on other players. I've witnessed it a couple of times, reported it to Stars security, and been refunded a couple of buy-ins. The colluders were banned, I think, because I never saw them again.

If you think other players can see your cards, you're almost certainly imagining it, and to prove some sort of rigging, you'd need a much larger sample size than 10,000 hands. Many players play that many every day, and I think they would have spotted weird "patterns" by now. As far as I know, they haven't. The "patterns" in the randomness only exist in your mind.
If you play more hands, you'll find out that all kinds of crazy things can happen through random luck, just like in live poker. Someone calling your bluff is not remarkable. It happens to me about 20 times an hour!
Only a superuser could see your holecards as far as i'm aware. And those kind of poker sites are,surely ,a thing of the past.

Old
Fri May 09, 2014, 02:50 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
3 times i have reported collusion in sng's and 3 times i got results.

1)i was upgraded a position players were found to be colluding and accounts banned.
2) players were found to be colluding, as were not in prizes by buyin was returned and players accounts banned.
3) there wasnt enough hand history between the 2 players but they told me that the 2 players play was very soft and would be watched and any more would be banned.

i am only 1 of i would suspect thousands of reports of collusion so would say pokerstars take it very seriously.
who wants to run a brand that lets cheating go on?

ps: i was very pleased with the outcome.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com