Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$3.50 STT turbo Heads-Up / dry or wet

Old
$3.50 STT turbo Heads-Up / dry or wet - Thu May 08, 2014, 11:57 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
I get confused when talking about dry / wet boards. I'm trying to think what the villain called with and how does the board look for them scary or not?

Played 100 of these tough games to cash and never seen villain previously in the player pool. My read was a solid player never open limps and raises / plays position.

OK Head's-Up btn K9o raise and flop top 2 K59r - Is it a dry flop? It smacks a calling/3bet range to me (wet)...

We give a free card and then get check/raised turn 3. Yikes, single raised pot 55/33 I block 2 canines.

What do you guys think barrelling river Ace? AK 3bet pre, Baluga Theorem turn x/r?

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat May 10, 2014 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: link

Old
Sat May 10, 2014, 08:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2011
Hello Forrest,
I have a question which is not about the hand.

How did you embed such a big size Hand replayer in this post? I only see people using tiny PSO Hand replayer. This looks like a new version bigger in size.

Thanks.

Old
Sat May 10, 2014, 09:03 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2013
It is a dry flop. If the board is semi wet, look at your opponent. If they're tight , it's dry. If they're loose , it's wet.
Sent from my HTC Rhyme S510b using Tapatalk 2

Old
Sat May 10, 2014, 12:21 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Thanks guys,

The replay is a standard link to a boom hand. You take the hand number at the end of the link "8876371_6FDF649897" and paste it between boom, /boom tags in your thread post.

HELP. Can a mod delete the above attempts to post instructions. Couldn't stop it interpreting the code. Thanks. Can't understand why I can't delete my own posts?

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat May 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: Help

Old
Wed May 14, 2014, 08:19 AM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

The check raise on the turn is only trying to represent 55 and maybe an audacious 33 that floated us... I agree with you on that. The board is just so dry that flatting just as you did is the optimal play to keep their entire range in the pot. There are just so few combos that can improve to a back door draw on this turn and most likely not within their reverse floating range given the dynamics of 6 max poker. Readless, it's really hard to play with a mindset if we are beat, but given the stack depth of 22bb for us and the really dry board texture, you played this perfectly... at no point should we consider folding.
Just flat and keep their entire range barreling into us!

CannonLEe

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com