Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Old
Avatar - Fri May 09, 2014, 09:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
I have been tied to my current Avatar for awhile.
It isn't unique, if you google "72 offsuit" its like the 6th image on google images

I picked it when i started, at first PS said no to my first image which was, I believe a picture of a 72o as playing cards but was told that it was too close to actual card images and dissaproved. I chose this one very quickly but fell in love with it as time went along.

I love the monochrome feel with the sharp red and black colors of the suits.

I have however used this for too long now and feel that something revised is needed.

The only problem is I have no real idea what to change it to.
I thought about designing my own one but that just felt like work (and what would it be, a B, 2 and D in some cool arrangement)

I think this is a lot more important than people give it credit for because I have to see that hiding behind my hole cards once I fold and the last thing I want is it to be mocking me.

People take notice too, I have a few players I recognize by their Avatar.

I have this regular I run into in the $1.50 27m games called HectorTroyan and he has a black stallion image as his, very distinctive and iconic.

Any thoughts?

Old
Fri May 09, 2014, 12:03 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2013
I had an ''I love limping'' avatar. It was very unsuccessful. What kind of image do you want to convey? I chose mine because Robb Stark is an inspirational character in Thrones . And Direwolves are cool.

Old
Fri May 09, 2014, 12:24 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
I don't know

I want something more serious rather than comical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
Fri May 09, 2014, 10:21 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
Can't go wrong with an avatar of one of your heros/ fav musicians

Old
Sat May 10, 2014, 02:43 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Nah, I want it to be more individualistic.

I follow a guy on YouTube, runs a poker training video section and he has a team (won't say it as it will get bleeped out) and they have avatars.

But not sure

Old
Sat May 10, 2014, 02:55 AM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2012
I'm no artist but if you can find one or even photo shop. what about the 2D playing card riding a surfboard with the grim reaper in the background or maybe surfing towards. maybe riding a sea of flames.

Board2death

Old
Sat May 10, 2014, 05:38 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
For the time being I have gone with a new one whilst I think of a permenant replacement.
Its based on a poker trainer i follow and the "team" he created around himself to encourage his training and guidance platform.

Will have to keep thinking

Old
Sat May 10, 2014, 06:25 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2012
Good luck on getting yourself stacking!

Old
Sat May 10, 2014, 06:30 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar

Hoping that it brings be good fortune and possibly some fear equity too

I think he is a really good teacher, good spirit and he has proven himself to make good money too (as well as encourage other members to do the same)

Looking forward to putting my faith in this Avatar, lets hope the Triple Threat brings home the bacon!

Old
Mon May 19, 2014, 10:55 PM
(#10)
Since: May 2014
I would try some key words on Google, you already said what you want so try, individualistic Texas holdem avatar's

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk

Old
Fri May 23, 2014, 06:46 AM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
I did this in 9 minutes to give u an idea.
I will make an avatar for u if you want, just let me know.
You can choose your own images, this is just a very "rough/unpolished" example I thought of "on the fly", so just let me know if you are interested or whatever.

SL

or

Last edited by slettuce; Sat May 24, 2014 at 12:51 AM..

Old
Mon May 26, 2014, 01:33 PM
(#12)
I love it. That's my favorite hand lol. 10 jack suited is but yes I want this one!! Thank you tons!

Never give up!

Old
Mon May 26, 2014, 01:35 PM
(#13)
jk I know its not for me but im jealous.

Never give up!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com