Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Topic replies

Old
Topic replies - Fri May 09, 2014, 01:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Team, me again,

Is there a time limit for replying to a thread once you have opened the message box for replies ?

If so, what is it ?

If not, then I think that the PSO Team should ask the PS Support to look into a small problem that I have had.

That is....on a number of occasions I have attempted to reply to a thread, or indeed open a new topic, and spent over twenty minutes, composing, typing and editing.
When I come to submit my reply or new thread I get an error message saying that my submission could not be made as something was missing.

This is not much of a problem if I know that there is a time limit, as I can cut and paste from a word document if needed.

Look forward to hearing from someone.

Old
Fri May 09, 2014, 03:25 PM
(#2)
Hi Bill,

No there is no limit to the time you take to complete a post. I believe that you may be getting logged out while you're writing. Do you need to log in again after this happens? I get logged out quite often and when I try to post, I will get a V-bulletin message. If you are writing a long reply, it may be better to use Word or whatever and paste to the forum. That way you won't lose your reply.

Hope this helps.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 09, 2014, 03:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Could be a browser issue perhaps?
I have had bad experiences with forums timing out when i submit and it wipes my post.. so to that end I either
a) constantly CNTRL+A then CNTRL + C to keep a copy of my post on the clipboard
b) I write my post in a notepad and transfer it once done

Good luck

Old
Cool
Taking time out - Fri May 09, 2014, 04:08 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi

Twenty minutes isn't uncommon for a session time-out on a Web Server. Previewing the post occasionally should ensure nothing times out.

Kev.

Old
Fri May 09, 2014, 10:11 PM
(#5)
Thanks for the responses, I think that in future if I am going to make an in depth reply, or know that I will be a while composing one, I will use a word processor and copy and paste.

This should solve my problem as I hate to see that error message and have to rewrite, as I almost always cannot remember my exact wording and the rewrite doesn't seem quite as good.

Thanks again.

Bill.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com