Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Opinions please!

Old
Opinions please! - Sat May 10, 2014, 06:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2014
Hello, just after some advice!
Should i have folded pre? or is the call on the flop after the raise too loose?
Thanks for any input!

No Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05
PokerStars
5 players
Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
UTG - UTG ($6.56)
CO - CO ($4.57)
BTN - Hero ($5.67)
SB - SB ($5.13)
BB - BB ($4.01)

Preflop: ($0.07, 5 players) Hero is BTN with 9s 7s
1 fold, CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, 1 fold

Flop: 2s As 7h ($0.50, 3 players - Hero: $5.52, SB: $4.98, CO: $4.42)
SB checks, CO bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB raises to $0.99, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.69

Turn: 5s ($2.78, 2 players - Hero: $4.53, SB: $3.99)
SB checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB calls $2.00

River: 5c ($6.78, 2 players - Hero: $2.53, SB: $1.99)
SB bets $1.99 (all-in), Hero calls $1.99

Total Pot: $10.76
SB shows 7d 7c (a full house, Sevens full of Fives)
Hero shows 9s 7s (a flush, Ace high)

SB wins $10.31

Old
Sat May 10, 2014, 03:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Chips of Jen,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any of your comments or questions.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club may be found HERE.

Hope to see you there!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tight is Right - Sat May 10, 2014, 07:55 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
I'm a tight player anyway I would have thrown the 97s in the muck after a raise Pre-flop.
But I think for some styles it is ok to take a flop in position but this requires stronger post flop skills than I have any claim to.

On that note I'll leave the post flop analysis to stronger players and better theorists.

Old
Sun May 11, 2014, 02:18 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Fold pre. 97s isn't a profitable call pre-flop on the button at 6-max. Even a suited connector like JTs is barely break-even, so just dump it.
As played, you got a monster draw on the flop, with a pair and a flush draw. I would usually raise and stack off when heads up, as you have a ton of equity against one pair hands, and can get easy folds from c-bets with air. When you call and the SB check-raises the field though, he has you in bad shape, since he nearly always has a set.
I think you have to call, as you still have outs to a winning flush (although your number of outs will decline on the turn) and some implied odds. Since you made the flush on the turn, betting to get value from the set is clear, but you have to give up if the river pairs the board, since villain will only bet with full houses.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 11, 2014, 03:29 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2013
What arty says +1

Just to add that if CO is fish, you can widen your calling range IP a lot. He might play for stacks with any TP or OP. But here no information is given, so fold. This comment also should be seen in the light that CO usually has no strong range, so there is no point of making big hand as he will not play against you for stacks with something like KTo, but he would fold it many times if you 3b

Last edited by braveslice; Sun May 11, 2014 at 03:32 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com