Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Can u feel his set?

Old
Angry
Can u feel his set? - Sat May 10, 2014, 06:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014

Tournament: VIP $5K Weekly

Hi guys, hand evaluation requested...

How can I play that in a different way?

Will you all-in with top 2, in the early phase?

Can you feel his set,
...OR
my stack was just too shallow to FEEL...

Old
Tue May 13, 2014, 09:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi,

I would have bet slightly bigger on the flop and turn with the pot starting out as multiway, but other than that I think you played this hand more or less fine.

Admittedly on the turn I'd be pretty worried that my opponent had a set or less likely, 53, but he might also do this with a worse two pair, particularly A2 or A4. Even if he does have a set, we're not drawing dead.

Also we're in the early stages of a huge-field MTT where all the money is at the top, so I'm willing to take a risk early on to try and get an early double, particularly as we've already invested half our chips into this hand.

Therefore I'm not folding and I think getting all in is the best play, because we're pot committed if we just call.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com