Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Keeping targets achievable (thanks JWK24)

Old
Keeping targets achievable (thanks JWK24) - Sun May 11, 2014, 05:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Ok so this is aimed at all you new guys looking to reach for the stars.

I started a $0 bankroll challenge and have a separate bankroll each for cash, stt's, and mtt's. After 7 months i knew i was in profit. After all you start with no money and have over $100 you jst know but i had got lost as to how my cash was going.
After a post i got led to an exchange with JWK24, and after doing the painstaking task of going through my player audit by hand i finally came up with a tweak that has changed my cash around completely.

Before i was sitting down with x amount. If i lost all of it i was leaving the table and moving on. But my target to leave was 3 times what i'd sat down with. So in this instance i'm sitting at nl 2 with $0.80 and my leaving price is $2.40.
Going through my audit i found that after a total stake of over $350 i was, as i thought in profit. But to my amazement after 7 months of play i was only in profit by $2.37 or so.
So after my exchange with john i realised that my target of making 3x to leave per table was jst too ambitious and i should reduce this to target +50%. So my $0.80 buy in now has the leaving price of $1.20.

This one small change has reaped massive reward and it's only been one week. I have added 50% to my total bankroll and it's all through keeping my target achievable.

Big thanks to JWK24 for the advice and now i wish to pass it on to all you new guys out there.

Sure we all want to start off and go straight to the highrollers with minimal effort but the reality is only a small percentage of us will ever achieve this goal. But that doesn't mean you have to give up, or that you can't make a decent profit at smaller stakes.

Just keep your bank roll managment tight, Stick to it 100% and keep your targets achievable and you can do it.

Also get other's opinions and advice on your play and your strategies as who knows. Maybe a simple tweak you can't quite think of is plain to see for someone else and it can turn your whole game around.

Gl at the tables everyone and again thank you JWK24

Old
Nice - Sun May 11, 2014, 07:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
Thank you

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com