Since: Jan 2012
Hi,
Here is a hand I played recently in 0.01/0.02

Old
Mon May 12, 2014, 04:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I think you played the hand fine.

The villain is so short that we have to go with our hand after flopping TPTK. Only thing I would do differently is to just shove over his donk bet expecting him to have a wide range of hand values that he will call with including weaker top pair and even second pair hands a decent amount of the time.

Old
Mon May 12, 2014, 05:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
I think you played it fine.
With so little behind from our opponent, I might prefer flatting the flop since we aren't going to have a problem getting it in by the river and if he is betting KJ,QJ,Jx, a re-raise here might scare him off but if we flat, we give him the opportunity to shove the turn. With so little behind from my opponent I am never folding TPTK in this spot. If we are wrong we lose the minimum to a spot where we are likely ahead to so much of our opponents range.

Since his stack is the effective stack, you were both playing 32BB and top pair becomes a powerhouse at that depth.

Old
Mon May 12, 2014, 01:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
shove over his donk bet
+1

He'll have a set sometimes, but I'm not folding TPTK with the SPR so low. The whole point of raising AJ pre-flop vs a shorty is get stacks in when you make a pair.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 12, 2014, 01:45 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
Yeah SPR is everything here. When I see that flop with TPTK and the SPR, I'm never folding. Simple as. WP

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com