Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL ZOOM, TPTK raise vs River Cbet

Old
25NL ZOOM, TPTK raise vs River Cbet - Wed May 14, 2014, 08:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Do we call this raise vs our triple barrel? I don't see anything in this opponents range that beats us here tbh.

Villain: 31/25/2.5 3B: 7.1 Hands: 38
HM2 autorate: Loose Aggressive

Old
Wed May 14, 2014, 08:09 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
Don't see how he gets to the river with any bluffs dirt, also don't see what he can raise for value with that we're beating.

Old
Wed May 14, 2014, 08:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
What does he have that's calling all the way that beats us here? he's raising 2p and sets OTT. You think he gets to the river with 4x?

Old
Wed May 14, 2014, 08:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
I think he has sets in his range otr.

Very dry board, don't think he has to raise the stronger parts of his range ott. OOP i'd expect him to raise them ott.

Don't think he has 4x. Do you think he's turning a pair into a bluff here? That's all you're beating.

This is probably close to the bottom of your 3 barrelling range here too.

The hand you posted with the b/door flush, you said you'd fold AK otr. Why? That explains why it's a fold here too.

Last edited by Paddy Gar; Wed May 14, 2014 at 08:40 PM..

Old
Wed May 14, 2014, 11:27 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
Heaps of things in his range beat us.

Sets shouldn't raise flop or turn on such a dry texture.

He may also raise ATs OTR for value.

That gives us 33,55,TT,ATs and possibly 44.

Old
Thu May 15, 2014, 02:09 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi dirt_eh

I agree with the others. The villain will rarely be bluffing in this spot which means he is going to have two pair at worst, but quite often a set or straight given his line and the texture of the board. I think folding will be best here.

One thing worth noting, on such a dry board and you having tptk, I would typically only expect to get two streets of value. I think we could have checked the flop or the turn. Most pocket pairs will fold to a turn bet on an dry A high flop like this thus we only win one street of value. By checking one street we increase the likelyhood of our second barrel getting called by all the hands we are beating.

The villain's line on this board fits with him having A2s-A5s, A10, and any set. Your line looks like a strong top pair A which is what you have. There aren't too many 4s in your range. So, he may be correctly assuming that 2p is strong enough to raise with here. If we had more hands on the villain we could look at his river aggression %, but with so few, I would give him credit for having a strong hand and fold.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com