Since: Feb 2014

stahp

Old
Thu May 15, 2014, 06:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Unfortunate

When the money went in, it was a top set vs (almost) bottom set situation, he had to be hating his hand at that point and was probably ready to just reload.

(EDIT : Corrected the below as I miscalculated the outs)
He litteraly only had 1 card that could help him, the other 8 and at 2% chance to catch, you are surely suffering a bad beat here!

You could run this scenario 100 times and you would have won 98 of them, so just put it behind you and know that when its a set over set situation, the laws of probabilities only have another 1 more of these they can dish out to you before awarding you 98 wins.

Realistically you are owed 50 set over set wins now before the poker gods should dish you out another one of these!

EDIT : For fun, were you to have the opportunity to run this 36 times since Pokerstars don't factor in burning cards (since no real cards are involved)

You would win 35 times out of 36 and would be entitled to $7.24, he would only win $0.21 that goes to show just how crap this result was

Last edited by baud2death; Fri May 16, 2014 at 05:33 AM..

Old
Thu May 15, 2014, 08:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2014
Makes me feel a little better, haha, thanks. But this is a 1 outer, so I'm a 98% favourite on the turn.

Old
Fri May 16, 2014, 05:33 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagneto View Post
Makes me feel a little better, haha, thanks. But this is a 1 outer, so I'm a 98% favourite on the turn.
Adjusted my stats... yes, 98% favorite, thats just sick!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com