Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL ZOOM, top 2 pair turn desicion

Old
25NL ZOOM, top 2 pair turn desicion - Thu May 15, 2014, 03:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
No idea what the best play is here OTT. The stacks sizes suck here...

Bet 1/3 pot shove river? Bet 1/2 pot shove river? Shove turn? Maybe I butchered the flop bet? Obviously it would have been a lot cleaner hand to POT the flop, shove turn.

MP: 27/21/1.0 - 64 hands
BU: 39/35/0.3 - 26 hands

Last edited by dirt eh; Thu May 15, 2014 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: flop bet option

Old
Thu May 15, 2014, 11:45 PM
(#2)
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

I think you already hit the nail on the head, plan your hand better OTF.

I actually don't mind jamming the turn here. The villain is loose, even though he cold called our 3B I can see a player like this showing up with enough worse hands like AT, KT, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ that he may not be willing to give up. Obviously QJs and TT are in his range as well, but if we bet a lessor amount than all in we are not folding to a raise from a LAGfish, so putting him all in right now seems fine to me.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 16, 2014, 11:15 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Dave how do you play this spot vs a tag? I don't know what your flop betting range would be on this flop but mines super strong so i expect to have a strong hand to call any bet size on the turn with as well.

I find these spots pretty hard to play because you get a good tag and a tag that dont understand how to play most spots correctly yet which is where i put myself so because im not so sure what a good tag or a good lag bets the flop with i have a *****d turn calling range if im the guy on BU.

Like say we some how had Jx no pair with the gutter/ backdoor flush draw would you bet that? It would still be super rare to even have those hands though anyway in this spot so i think pretty much everyone has a very strong hand once they bet the flop unless they bet KK on a AQT or KQ on this AKT flop.

Maybe this board plays better as a x/c with all your hands vs a tighter calling range pre? We only need to dodge another broadway what do you think.

Old
Fri May 16, 2014, 11:54 AM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
I am probably checking at some point vs. a TAG, as their preflop range is very tight vs. a 3b and the hands will continue to give us action will be pretty strong. We can get 2 streets at very best from AQ, and not for stacks, so blasting away with big bets seems like it won't be too profitable.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Fri May 16, 2014 at 11:57 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com