NL5 6m zoom bet sizing from squeeze

Old
NL5 6m zoom bet sizing from squeeze - Thu May 15, 2014, 03:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $11.03
SB: $5.21 (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
Hero (BB): $5.19
UTG: $24.71 (VPIP: 7.50, PFR: 5.00, 3Bet Preflop: 5.88, Hands: 42)
MP: $6.95 (VPIP: 36.36, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 11)
CO: $5.58 (VPIP: 24.49, PFR: 18.37, 3Bet Preflop: 18.52, Hands: 104)

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, Hero raises to $0.55, BTN calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.65, 3 players) 7:spade: 2:heart: T:spade:
SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BTN calls $0.80, fold

Turn: ($3.25, 2 players) 3:club:
Hero bets $1.70, BTN calls $1.70

River: ($6.65, 2 players) 7:heart:
Hero bets $2.14 and is all-in, BTN calls $2.14

[spoil]Hero shows Q:spade: Q:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Sevens) (Pre 83%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)
BTN shows J:spade: J:diamond: (Two Pair, Jacks and Sevens) (Pre 17%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
Hero wins $10.48
[/spoil]

Hi

My river bet here seemed too small, usually in 3 bet pots im betting 55% on flop and turn then shove river.

Because im OOP and in blinds i have to 3 bet a bit bigger this is where i think it goes wrong.

I think maybe i should squeezed bigger bet bigger on flop and shoved river? any thoughts ?

P.S anyone can tell me how to post the hand history above from pokertracker so that it doesn't say like 'J:spade'...but shows u the actual 'J of spades'?

Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Thu May 15, 2014 at 03:32 PM..

Old
Fri May 16, 2014, 03:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I think preflop is fine. if you make flopbet a little bigger, you can shove on the TURN...
Don't really get why you want to wait for the river?

about the pictures. To make you need to type a ":" than the sign and than the suit "s,c,d,h". so : Q s (without spaces)
Note: for a 10 use a "T"

Old
Fri May 16, 2014, 05:23 AM
(#3)
only thing with betting bigger on flop is i like to play my bluff hands the same way, so i like a 55% bet on flop so i can lose minimum when i lose etc..

I don't know maybe i have to make some changes and start shoving turns here, i think it may be a mistake i been making for a long time..

and thanks for telling me hot to get the cards to come up in HH, i dont know how pokertracker does it itself on other forums but not here.

edit: getting a bit confused now, been watching NL100 zoom to see what others are doing in these spots, some are shoving turn, and some are sizing it perfect for 3 streats of value?

Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Fri May 16, 2014 at 05:27 AM..

Old
Fri May 16, 2014, 05:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrGetinTaxed View Post
only thing with betting bigger on flop is i like to play my bluff hands the same way, so i like a 55% bet on flop so i can lose minimum when i lose etc..

I don't know maybe i have to make some changes and start shoving turns here, i think it may be a mistake i been making for a long time..
One of the analysers wrote a post a long time ago that made perfect sence to me: (quoted by heart)
On the river, villains has all information to make a decision. On the turn, there is still one card to come so he needs to make a decision without full information so he might gamble or make an otherwise wrong decision. That's why its often better to get it in OTT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrGetinTaxed View Post
edit: getting a bit confused now, been watching NL100 zoom to see what others are doing in these spots, some are shoving turn, and some are sizing it perfect for 3 streats of value?
I wouldn't compare 100NL with 5NL...totally different ballgame.
Andare they playing 100BB stacks?

I could see a smaller bet OTF ~50%, small again OTT and have a good sized shove OTR, but I wouldn't go too small and give people odds to call with speculative hands.

Old
Fri May 16, 2014, 05:59 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
Watch your sizing. Make sure its geometric (same % of pot each street).

In this situation 2/5 pot each street would be good. $1.30 / $2.20 / shove would be sweet.

Old
Fri May 16, 2014, 06:13 AM
(#6)
[QUOTE=rkleefstra;515381]One of the analysers wrote a post a long time ago that made perfect sence to me: (quoted by heart)
On the river, villains has all information to make a decision. On the turn, there is still one card to come so he needs to make a decision without full information so he might gamble or make an otherwise wrong decision. That's why its often better to get it in OTT.

thats actually quite interesting, i like

Old
Fri May 16, 2014, 06:19 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Watch your sizing. Make sure its geometric (same % of pot each street).

In this situation 2/5 pot each street would be good. $1.30 / $2.20 / shove would be sweet.
so you mean 2/5 on flop turn and river ? $1.30 would be the turn bet and $2.20 the river?

yeah that sounds cool also

Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Fri May 16, 2014 at 06:29 AM..

Old
Fri May 16, 2014, 02:02 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
Either bet 40% of pot flop and turn to set up easy river shove, or bet bigger on flop and shove the turn (even if it's a slight overbet).
Both lines have similar EV, except that villain won't call a third barrel with a missed draw. He will usually stack off on the turn with one, however, since he'll feel fairly committed and still be getting a good price to realize his equity. By betting smaller on the turn, villain can play his draws perfectly, which is not what you want him to do. You want him to make calling mistakes, so get it all in on the turn imo.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 16, 2014, 04:16 PM
(#9)
ok thanks Arty i def got a better understanding of these spots now, i supose the line i take will more often than not be based on the board texture. :d

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com