Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Check-raised on the Turn

Old
Check-raised on the Turn - Sat May 17, 2014, 05:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Got into a spot here, would love some advice.

Villian Stats:

VPIP - 20
PFR - 14
3 Bet Factor - 6.3

Check-raised on the turn, is this an easy fold or should I call?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

All comments appreciated.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 17, 2014, 05:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
This is a fold. I would actually X back on this turn to be honest.

Old
Sat May 17, 2014, 08:20 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Agree with dirt

Old
Sat May 17, 2014, 11:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey Paul,

I do think this is an easy fold, villain is going to have AA/AK with the As, or a set, a huge % of the time here, I think we are usually beat, and sometimes tied but getting freerolled by the ace of spades.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 18, 2014, 12:11 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Thanks guys for the feedback. For once it looks like I did make the right decision to fold this time. Normally I'd find it hard to let spots like this go and I'd end up stacking off.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Lately I'm focussing more on how loose I think my opponent is and also how wet/dry the board is before deciding whether to c-bet etc ....

In this case I'd label my opponent as a solid/tight/aggressive player and the board is pretty wet so I let it go thinking my top pair hand was no good.

I also like dirt eh's comment that checking-back on the turn would have been a better option. Looking at the hand again there was no need for another c-bet on the turn.

Very helpful, thanks guys.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com