Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Ties and Split Pots

Old
Question
Ties and Split Pots - Sun May 18, 2014, 12:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
Hi, Is somewhere in PSO a video about ties and split pots or a good explanation? I am not sure if i understand this split thing correctly.

For example:
Player 1: A3o
Player 2: A9o
Borad is TJK44 no flush, Is this a split? and why?

Player 1: KK
Player 2: 27o
Board is AAAAK I think this is a split but when the board is AAAAQ whether the player 1 wins then?

Old
Sun May 18, 2014, 01:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
You need to work out who has the best 5-card hand, using one, both or none of your holecards.

With A3 and A9 on KJT44, the best hand that both players can make is 44AKJ (a pair of fours with three high cards). If someone else was in the pot with AQ, then they would win, as their 5-card hand would be 44AKQ, which is better than 44AKJ.

On a quadded board, whoever has a higher card than the kicker on the board will win. AAAAK beats AAAAQ.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 18, 2014, 03:05 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
ok, thanks!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com