Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

A hand from SCOOP High Main Event - $10300 buy in

Old
A hand from SCOOP High Main Event - $10300 buy in - Mon May 19, 2014, 03:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
I have been watching some tables of the SCOOP main event $10300 buy in and saw this hand happen a few minutes ago. At this point in the tourney there was 42 players left. The tourney paid 81 with 657 total entries just for info.

What do you guys think? It just struck me as really odd play by the opening raiser at this point in this particular tourney. I don't know.

Old
Mon May 19, 2014, 03:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Why is this odd? Opening raiser is being squeezed and the cc is shoving due to the fact that they know the blind is squeezing. Pretty standard IMO.

Old
Mon May 19, 2014, 04:04 PM
(#3)
The opening raisers stack size. Maybe with it being such a slow structure it's ok to open/fold from early position with 16 BBs? The blind levels are 30 minutes.

Old
Mon May 19, 2014, 04:09 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Yeah... actually that's pretty odd. Who was it? They should jam anything decent as a open and min open monsters... who knows... This is a 10,300 buy in so I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Old
Mon May 19, 2014, 04:28 PM
(#5)
I wasn't sure if it's cool to say who it was, but after searching him on google I guess it's fine. PokerStars name is 1-ronnyr3, real name Ronny Kaiser. I'm sure that he does know what he's doing, lol. He's a pro with over 700k in tourney winnings, and plays high stakes cash as well. He won an FTOPs event in 2011, etc.

Old
Mon May 19, 2014, 06:17 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
They should jam anything decent as a open and min open monsters
That's the clue. You cant just do that in High Stakes MTT as its far too easy to play against. If generally people think min raises off sub 20bb stacks look scary, should you only min raise monsters? I doubt this kind of thing was unusual across SCOOP Hs.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com