Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL ZOOM, turned boat XC river mistake

Old
25NL ZOOM, turned boat XC river mistake - Mon May 19, 2014, 03:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
What's a most optimal play OTR? XC? BF? BC? Please comment.

Villain: 24/22/4.0 - 396 hands
3B: 9.4

Last edited by dirt eh; Mon May 19, 2014 at 04:17 PM..

Old
Mon May 19, 2014, 10:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
You should really work on your cbetting ranges. Cbetting this hand 3 way on this board with this hand is going to cost you a lot of money in the long run.

I would prefer to continue barreling turn as we are going to have a lot of semibluffs in our range, and the 7 isn't perceived to have helped our range (regs shouldn't have 77 in their flop cbet range).

I would then x/shove river, as he'll bet missed flush draws, Qx for value and possible KJ etc.

As played I think you need to x/shove for value otr.

Old
Tue May 20, 2014, 10:37 AM
(#3)
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

I think this is a great example of a spot not to be c-betting the flop. But you didn't ask about that. :P

As played, I like going for a check/shove. If he's got QJ/JJ/88 so be it. We've already gotten all we can muster from busted draws, but I suspect he won't be able to fold a Q here and if he feels our line makes no sense, he might hero a J as well.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 20, 2014, 11:56 AM
(#4)
Yeah, my bad.. We all make mistakes. After I cbet I said to myself... why did I cbet this board? Then turn came and I was like oh.. a 7 how nice! hahaha. Villain had QJ... so yeah... not so nice of a turn.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com