Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Milestone Hands - Official Discussion

Old
Milestone Hands - Official Discussion - Mon May 19, 2014, 04:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012

$700,000 to be won over 300 Milestone Hands!

Play PokerStars ring games from 10:00 ET on May 19 and win your share of $700,000 in cash across 300 special Milestone Hands! To boost your bankroll for free, keep an eye out for hands that end in six zeroes on our unique PokerStars counter.

$600,000 will be awarded over 300 Milestone Hands - with prizes issued after each millionth hand dealt. Players dealt in to Milestone Hand 300 will receive extra big prizes, and thanks to Stake Share, a minimum of $100,000 will also be shared by those playing at the same real money stake and game as the winner. That means hundreds of players will win!

You can check when the next Milestone Hand will hit, and how many hands left until the final Milestone Hand 300, by using the counter in the PokerStars lobby. The counter will be reset every millionth hand, and will count down from 1,000,000 to 0 each time.

How to win in a Milestone Hand

Cash prizes will be awarded every millionth hand, across 300 million hands, from 10:00 ET on Monday, May 19. Simply play any real money ring game, at any stake, for the chance to be dealt into a Milestone Hand.

The size of your prize is based on your activity over the 49 hands played leading up to a Milestone Hand, plus the number of VIP Player Points (VPPs) you earn in a Milestone Hand itself. Here’s how each players’ prize will be calculated:

Milestone Hands 1-299

Players at the table dealt a regular Milestone Hand will win prizes as follows:
•Winner of the hand: (# of VPPs in last 50 hands x $60) + $100 = Cash prize
•Other players at table: (# of VPPs in last 50 hands x $30) + $50 = Cash prize

For example, if you earn 5 VPPs in the 49 hands before the Milestone Hand, and 1 VPP in the Milestone Hand itself, then you would be awarded a $460 cash prize if you won the hand (6 * $60 + $100), and $230 if you lost the hand (6 * $30 + $50).

A minimum of $600,000 will be awarded across the 300 Milestone Hands. Any outstanding money in the prize pool after 299 Milestone Hands have been dealt will be added to the Milestone Hand 300 Stake Share.

Milestone Hand 300

Players at the table dealt into the Milestone Hand 300 will win prizes as follows:
•Winner of hand: (# of VPPs in last 50 hands x $1,000) + $4,000 = Cash prize
•Other players at table: (# of VPPs in last 50 hands x $500) + $2,000 = Cash prize

For example, if you earn 5 VPPs in the 49 hands before the Milestone Hand, and 1 VPP in the Milestone Hand itself, then you would be awarded with a $10,000 cash prize if you won the hand (6 * $1000 + $4,000), and $5,000 if you lost the hand (6 * $500 + $2,000).

Stake Share - Minimum giveaway of $100,000 - How it works

Once all 300 Milestone Hand prizes have been calculated, whatever is left of the $700,000 promotion award fund will be shared between all players dealt into the same stake, betting structure and game type (for example: $0.50/$1, No Limit Hold’em) at the exact time Milestone Hand 300 is dealt.

This remaining prize pool will then be split proportionally among all players, based on the number of VPPs each player has earned in the 49 hands leading up to Milestone Hand 300. No matter how much is awarded across the Milestone Hands, we’re guaranteeing a minimum Stake Share of $100,000, but the giveaway could be even bigger!

Tips for increasing your prize money!

•Play on more tables - If you can play on more than one table at a time, you will increase your chances of being dealt into a Milestone Hand
•Play longer sessions - The size of a prize depends on the number of VPPs you have earned while sitting at the table. Try to take a seat at a table well in advance of the next Milestone Hand to boost your potential prize
•Loosen up - You earn VPPs every time you contribute to a raked pot. The more pots you play, the more VPPs you’ll earn. Learn more about earning VPPs at the VIP Club.

Don’t forget - real money ring games are available on the PokerStars Mobile poker app, so you can be dealt into a Milestone Hand wherever you are! Check the Mobile page to find out how you can play poker on-the-go.

Please Note: Only real money cash game hands dealt in on the PokerStars desktop client and Mobile app are eligible for prizes. Milestone Hands will not be dealt in tournaments, Sit & Go's, Zoom games, on play money tables or on Home Games tables. When calculating the Stake Share, only stake, betting structure and game type will be taken into consideration. Other factors are not taken into account, so 6-max versus full ring or CAP versus Non-CAP will not affect a table's eligibility for a cut of the Stake Share. Also, currency does not matter either, so $0.50/$1 is considered to be the same as €0.50/€1.

See the Promotional Details page for more on the $700K Milestone Hands, or click here for general PokerStars promotion rules.

If you have any questions about Milestone Hands, contact support@pokerstars.com.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 19, 2014, 04:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Great stuff!

Would be fantastic to see a PokerSchoolOnline member hit one of these milestone hands.

Best of luck to all who give it a go!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 20, 2014, 01:28 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
"You can check when the next Milestone Hand will hit, and how many hands left until the final Milestone Hand 300, by using the counter in the PokerStars lobby."

Well it's not in my lobby. Anybody see it ?

Old
Tue May 20, 2014, 01:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
It appears not to be there yet.. However there is always a counter in the top right of each of the cash tables you play.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 21, 2014, 02:44 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2012
don't play out of your game to bink one of these, for example dont loosen up if you usually play tight just to increase chance of prize money, and if you normally don't play cash don't jump in just to get one, cause its a very long shot, i have put in a lot of hands in these promos and never have gotten one.... even though its nice to see the softer opponents enter these cash games because of it... imo just stick to what you usually do...

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 12:27 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
I just lucked my way into a Milestone hand... and won it for $363.40

I posted some pics and stuff on my blog if you are interested in the details. I would like to give a special thanks to Straczynski for railing the hand and sending some excellent PSO karma! Check your account, I sent you a karma dollar

Thanks for the bonus Pokerstars!

Greg

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 12:51 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Great job Greg! I tried to get into a few of those before black Friday and was close... great to see someone from PSO win one.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 02:02 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2014
I wonder if purposely opening 10 tables at a go when the milestone counter is approaching 100k or less is a bad idea LOL. I lost $2 just from blinds by putting in blinds.

Oh yeah, been through about 40-50ish milestone periods but didn't get into one yet, shall keep trying!

All the best everyone! May the Poker Gods be with you

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 02:34 PM
(#9)
I always open my table maximum of 24 when the mega hands approach. Its usually expensive..

Old
Red face
Thu May 22, 2014, 04:57 PM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland GTX View Post
I just lucked my way into a Milestone hand... and won it for $363.40

I posted some pics and stuff on my blog if you are interested in the details. I would like to give a special thanks to Straczynski for railing the hand and sending some excellent PSO karma! Check your account, I sent you a karma dollar

Thanks for the bonus Pokerstars!

Greg
OMG, your karma dollar was so powerful
A few hours after railing you it was my time to win a milestone.
Just sent your karma dollar back
Won $199.60 at a NL2 6max table
I was playing 6 tables.

Last edited by Straczynski; Thu May 22, 2014 at 05:07 PM..

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 05:05 PM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2010
notice the mtt, sng grinders lose out again

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 05:12 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Sweet! Two in one day. Congrats Straczynski!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wink
Thu May 22, 2014, 05:20 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Sweet! Two in one day. Congrats Straczynski!

John (JWK24)
Thanks John, its PSO day@the milestones :P

Old
Thumbs up
Thu May 22, 2014, 06:43 PM
(#14)
Just now I saw the history of transactions at pokerstars and realize that Roland sent me the karma dollar and 3h later I was receiving the prize of the milestone hand.
That's not just good karma, that's some really fast karma

Old
Fri May 23, 2014, 12:35 AM
(#15)
Since: Feb 2014
I scored one, playing it now!
Wooooooow, I can't believe it finally paid off, THAT SOUND when you hear it play, exciting.

All the besttt guys!

Old
Fri May 23, 2014, 01:56 AM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straczynski View Post
Just now I saw the history of transactions at pokerstars and realize that Roland sent me the karma dollar and 3h later I was receiving the prize of the milestone hand.
That's not just good karma, that's some really fast karma

Congratualtions, on the big payout!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com