Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

opinions??

Old
opinions?? - Thu May 22, 2014, 05:01 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
SilverStar
So I have played on PS for a while and am continuing to build my game/consistancy as a player. I have played in many different tournaments ranging from the .02 990 mtt to the Super Tuesday. It's been up and down.

I am a player who plays more TAG style than anything, but am also a player who switches it up. I love pressure situatioms so thats why I prefer turbos.

My question is... If you were in my shoes about to sit down on PS with a $25 bankroll, what tourney would you stick with?

Just looking for some opinions. Im kind of torn. Ive done good in the 50c 360 man, $2.50 180 mans, etc, etc, but can't seem to find the right one.

Opinions?

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 07:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Generally for MTTs I utilise a 100BI bank-roll managment. I don't know what games there are $0.25 or lower, but I certainly wouldn't go higher than $0.50 until you build up your roll a bit.

Playing the smaller-field SNG MTTs might be a good idea until you get a bigger roll as the variance is much lower with the smaller fields and you are less likely to go busto.

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 09:15 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
With $25, I'd be playing the 25 cent 45's and 90's or 25 cent MTT. Any higher stake would make me risk losing my bankroll when a variance streak hits, so that's all I can play until I build up my bankroll to a higher level. To play 50 cent games, I need $50 in it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 23, 2014, 03:50 AM
(#4)
SilverStar
Thanks for the input guys!

Old
Fri May 23, 2014, 03:56 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2012
u played the super tuesday? 1k buy in?

how did u go in that?

Old
Fri May 23, 2014, 12:58 PM
(#6)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666bonez187 View Post
u played the super tuesday? 1k buy in?

how did u go in that?
Ya Placed 39/373. Played a 320 Wednesday tourney and got 21st. Got 3rd in a pacific Rim rim event amd 80th in a Sunday Million annaversiry event (busted out with KK) on river... Some of my better results from a while ago.

Most recently the best I got was I think a 7th in one of the $1.10 + rebuy (60k GTD.)

Trying to get back up there though

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com