Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL, BvB second nut XRAI OTR

Old
10NL, BvB second nut XRAI OTR - Thu May 22, 2014, 02:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Not much to say... played well? played bad?

Villain(26 hands): 15/8/0.7
3B: 0.0 on 10 opportunities

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 03:05 PM
(#2)
played very bad, unless you like to gamble and spew
To me, that's a check fold on the turn
Bluff doesn't always work

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 03:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Please remove.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Thu May 22, 2014 at 03:12 PM..

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 04:32 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
played very bad, unless you like to gamble and spew
To me, that's a check fold on the turn
Bluff doesn't always work
@trap, I agree that calling the turn raise is pretty weak but I think because I called turn and hit river I need to go for max value.

Also how in the world is the turn a XF with a double belly buster?

This hand is also BvB... that doesn't make any difference?

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 04:44 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
@trap, I agree that calling the turn raise is pretty weak but I think because I called turn and hit river I need to go for max value.

Also how in the world is the turn a XF with a double belly buster?

This hand is also BvB... that doesn't make any difference?
Hitting on the river, than yes all in
I was mainly saying if you had missed the river
BvB doesn't mean you MUST steal and continue to BLUFF, you need to play it smart

Old
Thu May 22, 2014, 05:14 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
Yh its probably a fold on the turn seen as you might not get paid on a king but surely your getting a stack on that 8 river. I think i would fold vs a reg and call vs a fish.

Old
Fri May 23, 2014, 02:38 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi dirt!

I agree with the others that we could have played the turn differently. Let's look at your eight outs. 4 kings and four 8s give you a straight. However, the 2 diamonds make a flush. KJ is definately in the villain's range. I don't want to stack off with the low end. So our three 8s are not that strong either. In addition, if a K comes, we will often be splitting the pot. All in all none of our outs are clean and we aren't getting the odds to continue.

On this wet board, you could have cbet the flop, but would need to be prepared to barrel the turn quite often. This doesn't seem like a great option with our hand. Thus, I prefer checking the flop and keeping ranges wide. Once we have checked the flop, I would check the turn as well and hope to see the river for free. We might call a normal bet from looser villains. However this guy has been pretty nitty during the few hands we have on him. So I would check-fold the turn as Sandtrap said.

Old
Fri May 23, 2014, 03:14 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2012
My god this hand is spewy.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com