Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Cannot Edit Forum Posts???

Old
Cannot Edit Forum Posts??? - Sat May 24, 2014, 07:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
I seem to have lost the button that lets me edit earlier forum posts. Usually it is at the left of the buttons which have edit/send pm/quote/multi-quote/quick-reply/reply

I was looking at my Poker Goals Thread in the challenges and battleground forum and it just has no edit buttons to allow me to change any of the posts.

Has there been a change to how the forum works?

This renders a lot of my long term threads - forum member blogs and goals thread - pretty much useless, as I want to put stuff in the opening few posts that I can edit at any time in the future, and quick dump hands etc from boom that I can go back to the posts to edit/add stuff later.

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 24, 2014, 08:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
oh my

I take a couple of days off and there's so many drastic changes - wanted to edit my monthly/daily goal posts today too ... hope the edit button gets put back ...

Also noticed that there weren't any live training classes during the week - hope that's just a temporary thing as well?

Old
Sat May 24, 2014, 09:19 AM
(#3)
(Moderator)
Hi Edd/Trusty

Regarding the edit button, mine is in place and working ok for past post, so maybe you are suffering
from some tech glitch, contact support@pokerschoolonline.com for further help.

The Trainig schedule has been reduced but there is a session today

Good luck

Last edited by wiltshireman; Sat May 24, 2014 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: typo

Old
Sat May 24, 2014, 09:34 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltshireman View Post
Hi Edd/Trusty

Regarding the edit button, mine is in place and working ok for past post, so maybe you are suffering
from some tech glitch, contact support@pokerschoolonline.com for further help.

The Trainig schedule has been reduced but there is a session today

Good luck
Yes but you are a Moderator wiltshireman - you have different privileges - you can edit ANY posts not just your own...

anybody else not a mod let us know if you can edit older posts...

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 24, 2014, 09:41 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
l really wanted to go in and edit one of my posts to say how much l hate the Montreal Canadians

Now l Can't....lol

Cheers All

l hate the Montreal Canadians.....hiccup

Last edited by effsea; Sat May 24, 2014 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: test ...lol

Old
Sat May 24, 2014, 09:44 AM
(#6)
oh....only old posts......never mind .....hiccup

Last edited by effsea; Sat May 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM..

Old
Sat May 24, 2014, 10:04 AM
(#7)
(Moderator)
Fair comment Ed

Old
Sat May 24, 2014, 10:16 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Fair comment Ed
I did e-mail support as well wiltshireman - not sure what turnaround times are.

If it is a change and not a glitch it will also affect a lot of the shares/staking threads where players often edit an early post with ongoing results of their games - I have done this in the past but don't have a current thread there.

Cannot see any reason why the change would be wanted though so maybe it is a glitch or an unintended change.

Strangely as I write this I cannot edit the OP but do have the edit button on post 4...

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 24, 2014, 11:15 AM
(#9)
(Moderator)
Hi Ed
As far as i am aware there has not been any changes notified to us that would have the effect your experiancing, I await supports responce to you with interest

Old
Sun May 25, 2014, 12:23 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Hi Ed
As far as i am aware there has not been any changes notified to us that would have the effect your experiancing, I await supports responce to you with interest
Had a response

Thank you for your email.

Only recently, we have made some changes regarding the editing of forum posts.

Going forward, members now only have 1 day to edit their post.

If you want to edit a post at any later stage, you will have to ask a moderator to make the requested changes for you.

Should there be any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

PokerSchoolOnline Support Team

So this is ruddy useless and messes up all my long term forum blogs/ tracking tournament series like the leagues and most of the shares staking for which editing the opening couple of posts to add results is imo by far the clearest way to keep these threads neat and easy for people to check.

A seemingly unnecessary change - so here is my advice...if you don't want moderators getting endless requests to edit posts ( I am starting my list now)

REVERSE IT

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 25, 2014, 01:55 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
REALLY...................

This is ridiculous
I need to edit my post 3 of my staking thread for every tournament to let people know of every game I play so that it's all in one place.

Now they'll have to read every single post in the thread instead of one post.

Who had that brain fart?
What does that accomplish?

Old
Sun May 25, 2014, 03:50 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hello PSO

As we have looked at this for some time, we find it to be the best way to go moving forward.

If you need to edit your post, it is much simpler to just add a new reply. This will keep the post up to date and having 1 day to edit any post will give you time to fix any errors made when posting.

As for the staking side, I am not a fan of any post being edited in there. With that said, we will be adjusting the staking rules in the coming days and will include how to move forward with not being able to edit posts.

We have seen too many posts being edited in the staking section and many members have raised concern about deals being changed from what was agreed to.

As for contacting a mod to edit your post, this will not be something that mods will be doing outside of the staking section. Please just add a reply to a post if it is past the 24 hour deadline to edit.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 25, 2014, 05:41 PM
(#13)
All I know is......that it's great to know that the thread posted by sandtrap777 can never be edited

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...to+maple+leafs

hiccup

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com