Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Can I jam?

Old
Can I jam? - Sun May 25, 2014, 01:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
I thought 66 is a hand with which I should be open-shoving or maybe shove on one raiser (who must opening from MP or LP, not shove over a UTG raise!)

So I got two callers should I still be shoving with this hand. Coz as I said I know if it folds to me I will shove anyday maybe even shove on one original raiser at max.

But I made a fold as one guy called the orginal raiser open.

Do you think I should still be jamming with this hand.

* LOL I flopped a set.

STATS :

Old
Mon May 26, 2014, 06:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi aikumar

There's so much money in the middle so although we have next to no fold equity if we shove I still think this is a good spot to do it but instead of just going all in I would raise it up to like 18k and then call it off. I'd do this because it's likely that the original raiser will shove all in to isolate us where as if we just went all in then we're not giving the original raiser the chance to isolate us, he can only call which will usually lead to the other player calling which of course significantly reduces our chances of winning the hand.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Mon May 26, 2014, 08:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
I disagree. Given the positions and no fold equity our hand plays pretty terribly against any EP raising range. If we had 20bb with more fold equity it'd be a better spot.

I'd fold (y)

Old
Mon May 26, 2014, 09:55 AM
(#4)
I opt to shove because if we let the blinds go through us again we will be left with approximately 5 big blinds where as if we take the opportunity to shove we can increase our stack upto 19 big blinds.

Also villain has a big stack and is raising from the late position of early position, he can be super wide and with 20k already in the pot I think we're missing out on a rather large +ev spot.

Old
Mon May 26, 2014, 01:28 PM
(#5)
So if we can shove with 66's as you said, that means we should be shoving with 22+ and AJ+, am I right?

Old
Mon May 26, 2014, 03:07 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adikumar2010 View Post
So if we can shove with 66's as you said, that means we should be shoving with 22+ and AJ+, am I right?
22 is a bit speculative because we're flipping at best but I'd happily shove 55+ because there are some suited aces we can have crushed. Having said that I think 22+ would be mathematically sound but I would personally get it in with 55+, maybe 44. AJ+ seems about right.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Mon May 26, 2014, 03:30 PM
(#7)
Ok thanks

I got two points:

1) I will keep it in mind, to mostly never fold 44+ (unless raiser is EP nit and then caller is also tight player)
2) Also if we have 2-3 callers to a MP or LP opener, before me and I have 6-15BB left my chips should go-in everytime with 44+ mostly.

* As it's sometimes fold depends on the situation.

PS: I will use this trick of raising to a weird amount and not go all-in so that original raiser can re-shove to isolate other callers.

But I think in this situation if I shove, my raise size is not too large, for the original raiser to not get an option to reshove.
Am I right about this as my raise would be 15772 chips on-top of 6000, so his next raise will be to amount 37494. So he can reshove in this spot even if I don't make it 18k and just shove?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com