Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Is the shove fine?

Old
Is the shove fine? - Sun May 25, 2014, 01:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
According to my shove chart I think it's fine. So my question is simple is it correct or not. I am already ITM.

If it's correct, what do you think about BB call with 22 is that fine?

STATS :

Old
Sun May 25, 2014, 02:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
What type of tourney is this from? Please advise as it can have a direct impact on my reply.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 25, 2014, 02:12 PM
(#3)
It is $11 Phased tournament its new to pokerstars with 2 Day's (Phase 1 = Day 1 and Phase 2 = Day) and I am playing Phase 2 so I was ITM now, and it has 10mins blind level. Payjumps are not very huge around 300 players left. 412 were paid.

Last edited by adikumar2010; Sun May 25, 2014 at 02:34 PM..

Old
Sun May 25, 2014, 03:08 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi adikumar2010!

I'm going to pass on this one and here is why....

When I look at my chart, based on the number of blinds and table position, KTo is the lowest king on it for my table position, so it would be a marginal play to make if I decide to do so.

But, there is other information that I need to take into account too and that is the tendencies and stack sizes of the opps.

Based on stack size, I'm most likely to get called by the blinds. The SB is a nit, but the BB is playing loose and has the stack size to do so. Due to this, the one that I need to look at is how my hand fares against the BB's range. I now go to pokerstove and put my hand in against a 21% range.... and find that I'm a 43% to 57% underdog. Being a dog in the hand (and even worse dog if any of the other players call me), I'd hope that I can find a better spot.

Now.. for the BB's perspective. I've facing a shove from 4 seats to the right of the button, so when it folds to me, from my chart, I should call with just under 30% of hands, which includes every pair and every A... so I'm calling with 22.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.: Thumbup:

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 25, 2014, 03:20 PM
(#5)
Thanks I didn't consider the stats which I will do from now other then using the chart, I just looked at the chart and shoved as BB was soon to hit me.

http://www.pushfoldcharts.com/fullring/#bb6

Old
Sun May 25, 2014, 03:50 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I don't use that chart. I have one in much more detail (antes, yes or no, each position at the table (not just how many players are left) and also it's broken down by every .5BB).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 25, 2014, 03:54 PM
(#7)
Can you plz give me if it's free?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com