played on a open school league tournament

Old
Wed May 28, 2014, 06:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi dduvshani!

With QQ and 3 limps in front of me, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for this blind level is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 480. I don't want to be raising to less than this, especially out of position, as I can be giving the opps the correct odds to be in the hand.

The flop is a lower pair with a flush draw. Since I raised preflop, I'm going to make a value bet on the flop. With one opp, a standard bet is 1/2 pot, so I will bet 480.

I now get min-raised. Here is where the league strategy differs from a standard tourney. In a cash tourney, I'd re-raise here and since this bet would pot-commit me, I'm shoving. HOWEVER, with this being a league game, the one and only thing that matters is to last as long as possible. Since I can't beat a 4, I need to muck to this flop raise.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 29, 2014, 01:43 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2014
Correct me if i wrong but if i was rasing to 240 than the villian wpulh have to add 400 to win 480
meaning almost 1:1 pott odds and if i was raising to 480 he would have to add 640 to win 720 isnt pretty much the same pot odds ?

Read more: Please review this hand - Poker Forum - Discuss Poker Rules, Games - PokerSchoolOnline.com http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz3353Dpr9o

Old
Fri May 30, 2014, 10:47 AM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
raising to 480, the first opp to call will have to put 400 into a pot that would then be 1120, which is 35.7%.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 30, 2014, 11:46 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2014
Im still shocked that he called me with 2-4s Would u do the same if u where him ?

Old
Fri May 30, 2014, 01:00 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dduvshani View Post
Im still shocked that he called me with 2-4s Would u do the same if u where him ?
No, but there are plenty of bad players that would.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com