Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

[10NL Zoom] Turn top pair decent kicker facing pot sized donk bet OTR

Old
[10NL Zoom] Turn top pair decent kicker facing pot sized donk bet OTR - Wed May 28, 2014, 11:17 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2014

Old
Wed May 28, 2014, 11:23 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2014
Hero (BTN): 102.3 BB
SB: 62.5 BB (VPIP: 22.64, PFR: 13.21, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 55)
BB: 48 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
UTG: 104.1 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
MP: 185.4 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 40.00, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 5)
CO: 158.7 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 9.52, Hands: 49)

i guess this was a call but i'm not too sure

first, all obvious draws busted out and i don't think villain would value bet anything like a pair of Aces with better kicker that way, unless he binked sth silly as sets of deuces and wanted Hero to pay him off

Old
Thu May 29, 2014, 08:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Admittedly we have very few reads on the villain, but I think it's fair to assume that he's probably not a regular and he's more like a fishy calling station.

On the flop there's arguments for both CBetting and checking back. I'm more inclined to have this in my checking range. We've got the best hand a decent amount of the time and this villain isn't likely going to put pressure on us. There's also a decent amount of good turn cards for us that will either give us two pair, some kind of straight draw and we can even credibly bet on a K or Q turn if it's checked to us.

On the river when a passive villain like this donks big into us after we've bet at all three opportunities we've had, this is a snap-fold for me. I've made enough calls of bets like this to know that this is almost never a bluff, and we can't beat anything that he's betting for value like this.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com