Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10 NL FR zoom,general flush darw question

Old
10 NL FR zoom,general flush draw question - Fri May 30, 2014, 12:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
i having serious problems with draws lately,especially flush draws.just wondering what would your default play be here ?

i generally play them aggressively but it hasn't been working out good at all lately

Old
Fri May 30, 2014, 12:43 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

I'm thinking it's a call, $1.88 into $4.73 gives better than 2 : 1 odds needed for the flush draw, with two cards to come.

Old
Fri May 30, 2014, 12:49 PM
(#3)
and give up on a brick turn?what about raising here instead of calling?

Old
Fri May 30, 2014, 01:34 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingreigns View Post
and give up on a brick turn?what about raising here instead of calling?
I messed up. It wasn't all-in need 4 : 1 for one card but there are some implied odds.

Raising inflates the pot sort of value owning yourself. The villain's check / raise seems very strong so quite an interesting hand.

Old
Fri May 30, 2014, 01:59 PM
(#5)
cool,ive been value owning myself a bit lately so been playing these way too aggro and not hitting at all.changed it up from just calling because i was finding when i hit my draw i wasn't get paid.draws wreck my tits

Old
Fri May 30, 2014, 04:38 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2012
*Moved to analysis forum* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 30, 2014, 07:28 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
In this spot, the villain's action of X raising two opponents is VERY strong. Depending on the player type they could have a SET, 2PAIR or a combo draw.. (T9 of hearts). Having said that, I would call this flop XR. We are drawing to the nuts and we have position. After we call this bet there will be $6.61 in the pot minus the rake. Stacks will be $9.56 effectively after we call. We can re-evaluate OTT if we miss. And by chance that this villain is spazzing out with T9 of hearts they might check the turn which gives us a free river card.

The problem with raising this opponent after they check raise OTF is that THEY'RE NOT FOLDING and we are behind.

Old
Sat May 31, 2014, 08:22 AM
(#8)
cool wont be going so mentally aggro so

Last edited by kingreigns; Sat May 31, 2014 at 08:55 AM..

Old
Sun Jun 01, 2014, 06:39 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi king,

Yeah, I agree with these guys. The action looks pretty strong, but we have proper implied odds to try and turn the nuts as we are getting paid by 88/77/Th9h and the like when we get there. If he bombs turn we may have to fold, but we can cross that bridge when we get there. It's no guarantee he'll even bomb the turn on blanks.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com