Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl 6max zoom-Continue with hand or Fold?

Old
2nl 6max zoom-Continue with hand or Fold? - Sun Jun 01, 2014, 04:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi everyone,

In this hand the villian to my right had stats of 100/25 but only over 4 hands.
I was a little uncertain on the turn, and concerned the villian had checked flop and check raised turn,from my experience at 2nl this is a danger sign especially on this board so i must proceed with extreme caution.
Maybe i could have folded right there and then but i decided to call with my top 2 and re-consider river.

They lead out river for less than half pot which was a little suspicious in my opinion.should i fold,call or even play back on the turn?
I put this hand into an equity calculator on the turn and included hands like AQ,AT,KQ,TT and i think i had around 34% so not that great.

Anyway what do you all think?
Thanks

Old
Fri Jun 06, 2014, 08:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi,
The turn is the moment when you have to make up your mind. You have to decide whether to let it go or to continue with it till the end. The effective stack in relation to the pot is too small to call the turn and wait for the river to reevaluate. So if you are going to call the turn you have to call the river. I think it's close between both, since your opp could also have JT and A6. We have to remember that he doesn't know you have top two, so he could do this to get calls from a possible AK and AQ that you could have, looking from his perspective. It means that both options are fine, in my opinion.The only thing that I'm almos certain that is going to be bad is to call the turn to fold on the river. There the effective stack is around 60% of pot and we have top two, so we must call this one, considering that we called the turn already. As played, I think that the best to do is to call the river,as you lost a bunch of your stack and didn't even see a showdown with top two, wich is a very strong hand. Also, don't struggle too much with numbers, poker is also psychological, so try to get in your opp's mind. Good luck on the tables, and have fun

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by shynleigh355; Fri Jun 06, 2014 at 08:42 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com