Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Fold ?

Old
Fold ? - Sun Jun 01, 2014, 06:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013

villain : 64 hands 21/13/0. He had a FoldToSteal of 89%.

His raise on turn is scary... but I have a 2nd nutdraw so I figured I could call the raise.

OTR, he bets kinda small, looks like a weakish valuebet. Should I call ?

Old
Mon Jun 02, 2014, 10:25 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
This is a strange line, I'd expect most people to jam river if they had a boat or the nut flush or something.

This line more looks like he hit some Qx, maybe even with Ac or Jc and is raising for value. Another possibility is that he has just the bare Ac that he decided to randomly float the flop with and is deciding to do some strange bluff with but he doesn't want to lose his stack.

I doubt he has 4x very often, I don't see what 4x he calls with preflop other than 44, maybe A4s, he seems pretty tight though.

Given the price we're getting and the strange river sizing, I'd call as he's got enough Qx or weird busted flush draws or other bluffs to make a call profitable.

Old
Mon Jun 02, 2014, 10:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Sorry I double posted the same response.

Old
Mon Jun 02, 2014, 05:05 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
Had to check back HM2 to see what I did and see what he had.

I did call OTR and won. He had AQo

I wished I could say I used this reasoning "Given the price we're getting and the strange river sizing, I'd call as he's got enough Qx or weird busted flush draws or other bluffs to make a call profitable.
"
but at least I somehow got myself to make the same call.

ty andrew, spot on as always!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com