Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25nl zoom, r,b,b,b?

Old
25nl zoom, r,b,b,b? - Wed Jun 04, 2014, 12:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I've never played a hand vs. this villain...

Are we betting all 3 streets here???

Old
Wed Jun 04, 2014, 09:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
I think this open is too wide in UTG.

I'd only open if there was fish in the blinds, because you aren't gonna be making money with this hand vs a table of regulars.

I had a similar problem with opening too wide UTG. Dave checked my DB in stat sleuth and I wasn't even making money from UTG because i was opening around 18%. I've tightened up lately and my results in that position have been better.

I'm not sure why we are cbetting. I think this is a pretty clear x/c (as is turn as is river). We can call any club turn with the Ac, and we don't really need to protect from that much.

As played, I think betting turn and river is fine, though vs good players I don't think we can get called by too much worse.

It's nice having the Ac because it's more unlikely he has a flush (we block most of the combos he'd call flop + turn with).

Old
Thu Jun 05, 2014, 06:49 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
I think this open is too wide in UTG.

I'd only open if there was fish in the blinds, because you aren't gonna be making money with this hand vs a table of regulars.
I open ATo UTG about 70% of the time and I'm + 48BB/100 over ~300 hands (sample size I know).

I agree it's pretty marginal but I like to take any spots I can with fish around, particularly if they're in the blinds and I can have position on them postflop

Old
Thu Jun 05, 2014, 12:15 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi dirt eh,

I have to agree a bit with birdayy here; I need to have a good reason to open ATo from UTG. Try to think about your entire range and how much we cbet in this spot and how much we can defend our checks on this flop. We can value bet: AA, some KK, AK, maybe some KQ? ... I guess that's all? Bluff bet: AQ, AJ, QJs, and most FDs. x/c: QQ, KJs, ATs, JTs, QTs, some FDs x/r: TT, some KK. It's really hard to balance it out here because ranges are too tight but I think because we have the Ac + middle pair this hand would make a good x/c OTF

Old
Thu Jun 05, 2014, 12:33 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Ok, yeah thanks, I wasn't sure about c-betting the flop. I like the XC line and I think I need to add this to my arsenal. Would you believe me if I told you that the villain had KK? hahaha needless to say he just called me ATW with flopped top set.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com