Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL ZOOM, AA IP vs. XR OTT

Old
25NL ZOOM, AA IP vs. XR OTT - Wed Jun 04, 2014, 09:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Villain... 9 hands.

I think that we should be going with the hand here? PUMP or DUMP?

Old
Wed Jun 04, 2014, 10:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
How many tables are they playing? Not too happy with the situation, reg villain should have a pretty tight calling range oop here. It would be pretty optimistic to think they're raising a club draw ott with that sizing. We're only losing to 6combos here though, and without ace of clubs I see why you want to go with it.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 05, 2014, 06:59 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
With his turn sizing and the way the action has gone down, this looks like classic Beluga theorem. He can have 76s, TT or QQ.

Like Paddy says it's pretty optimistic that villain is raising as a bluff or semi-bluff.

Old
Thu Jun 05, 2014, 12:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Given the board is paired, I think we might expect to see more slow plays with TT and QQ. Not that they can't have TT or QQ because of their raise size and them being OOP (so they might be raising now to be able to shove river, instead of just calling and leading river or checking and hoping for us to bet?) AA/KK would have probably 4bet pre. Also the card removal effect makes its less likely they have AQ or AcKc. I would actually rather have KK than AA in this spot because we can add more combos of AQ to their range although the only significant Ace here is the Ace of clubs. But I think the trick in the hand is their turn x/r size because if they do pick up additional outs with a semi-bluff of some sort I would expect a x/shove instead. So after this ramble, I'm folding to this size and calling to a shove?? Dirt eh, you bring the toughest hands!

Old
Thu Jun 05, 2014, 12:27 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
With his turn sizing and the way the action has gone down, this looks like classic Beluga theorem. He can have 76s, TT or QQ.

Like Paddy says it's pretty optimistic that villain is raising as a bluff or semi-bluff.
Spand, is this a trend at these stakes to flat 76s, 56s, 86s etc. OOP with only 100bb effectively?

Old
Thu Jun 05, 2014, 12:34 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
Dirt eh, you bring the toughest hands!
Well that's the point isn't it?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com