(#1)
Since: May 2014

played on a open school league

Old
Thu Jun 05, 2014, 08:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2012
Hi dduvshani,

It depend why you are in the Open League. Do you want a nice score in the monthly leaderboard, or are you there for the bingo party?!

In my opinion, if you are there with the idea to have a good score, you shouldn't not call on this hand. I mean, is a off-suit connector. If the Flop ends up being dry, like in your case, you have a K High. God know that in those 10 000 free-roll, many raise with 4-4 or less!

I think you shouldn't call in this situation if you are going for the leaderboard. And if you are going for the money, then it was a good fold.

Spy474
**I'm just starting to learn poker, so if i'm wrong, that would be nice to let me know! By helping the others, i think I can improve my play **

Old
Thu Jun 05, 2014, 08:54 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2013
For me yet again this is a clear fold in the open skill league.

Have you done any reading on the gap concept? Although KQ would likely be in your hand range to open the betting in the hijack once someone has already raised and displayed strength your range of hands you can call with should tighten up to your UTG opening range. Simplistically you should only be calling here with AA KK QQ AK AQ with maybe a few other pairs and suited aces thrown in.

You need a stronger hand to call with than you do to raise with. It sounds backwards but its true.

Given the raise is from UTG+1 you have to give it some respect. What range of hands would you want to play out of position? If this player is using a hand opening chart like the one in poker school training programme then his opening range is way ahead of your hand.

Old
Thu Jun 05, 2014, 11:44 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by etchos View Post
For me yet again this is a clear fold in the open skill league.
+1 There is one goal in the league games.. to last as long as possible, in order to accumulate as many league points as possible. To do this, I need to play much tighter than normal and to avoid marginal hands where I can lose chips.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com