Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Help! Mac User Here

Old
Help! Mac User Here - Thu Jun 05, 2014, 10:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hey Poker community,

I use Mac OS and was wondering if someone can enlighten me as to which Poker tools I should take a look into.

I'm a newbie to online poker technology so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old
Fri Jun 06, 2014, 07:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2012
**Troll mode ON**

The best tool would be to buy a new Window PC :P

**Troll mode OFF**

Pokertracker 4 works on MAC, not HoldemManager 2. A another good option, but costly, is to have a Bootcamp with Windows!

Cheers,
Spy474

Old
Fri Jun 06, 2014, 09:04 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
I use PT4 for Mac. Sadly, the HUD doesn't work on a system that is more secure than Windows...

I run Windows on Parallels for all my HUD play and I've set up Postgress to run on my Mac which is accessible for Windows so all hands are available on both OSes.

If you just want to run hand equities, I find ProPokerTools works well.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 11:28 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2011
I have an iMac and use Poker CoPilot which is excellent....and I don't think their marketing blub on their website shows it off in its best light....however there is a Free Trail period--so give it a go.

There is also iHoldemIndicator which is a HUD and also shows you the value of your hands etc..check out their website too

Old
Mon Nov 17, 2014, 03:01 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnation View Post
I use PT4 for Mac. Sadly, the HUD doesn't work on a system that is more secure than Windows...

I run Windows on Parallels for all my HUD play and I've set up Postgress to run on my Mac which is accessible for Windows so all hands are available on both OSes.

If you just want to run hand equities, I find ProPokerTools works well.
I'm not sure what you are talking about, PT4's HUD works flawlessly on Mac. The only thing it doesn't support is a HUD for Zoom.

As for equity calculations, to the OP, use WineBottler/WINE and then install Equilab on Mac OS X.

Old
Tue Nov 18, 2014, 08:08 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2011
Hi just letting you know I had to PM my reply as it contains links to a product and free trial and it is against T & C of PSO to post link here.
Anyway the Anzac Homegames Club (PStars Homegames) forum page I gave you contains a range of HUDs for most Poker variants Holdem-MTT/SNG/CAsh Games and work on Mac and also are suitable for ZOOM.
There are links there for Stud-inc H/L- Omaha -inc 08 -Razz also ,so think it covers most of your needs.
Please ,any questions or advice re set up etc ,just ask ,either here,on twitter @LostInPoker ,or as I mentioned in PM in the Anzac Chat Table ,you ( all in fact) are welcome to join ID 762695 invite 20132013
Regards
Brett

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com