Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Top pair good kicker out of position

Old
Top pair good kicker out of position - Fri Jun 06, 2014, 11:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
http://weaktight.com/6764920

opponent is TAG not see him do some crazy stuffs

I just check the river so that if he bets 50% of the pot I'm calling but he ships all in for 86bb

what is the best way to play this hand?

Old
Fri Jun 06, 2014, 04:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Marvin,

When the river goes check, shove like this I don't expect us to be good nearly often enough (probably never, vs a TAG). Most busted club draws have made a pair (AcX, KcX) and will simply check down rather than blast all in. I just can't see how he gets to the river with a worse hand that would need to bluff. I expect us to be shown AQ+ here. So just fold.

Regarding prior streets, I think our hand plays better for a call pre rather than a 3b, since we dominate a lot of his steal range but are going to be dominated by a much higher % of his 3B continuing range. It's close, we can 3B AQ for value and A4 for a bluff, AJ/AT may play better for a cold call, without more definitive reads than TAG who does nothing crazy.

Also I might check the turn as played... seems hard to get value from worse hands if he's a TAG, this turn card is either beating us or making it super difficult for him to call again when it's not.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 07, 2014, 03:44 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Pre is reads based for me. It's right on the border.

I agree with turn being a check though.

Old
Sat Jun 07, 2014, 06:10 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
ty Coach Langolier and birdayy for the analysis

lessons learned just cold call and I think your right to just check the turn based on nothing will call us 2 barrel with worse hand

AWESOME PSO

Old
Thumbs up
planning yur bet - Sat Jun 07, 2014, 07:02 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi Marvin,

When the river goes check, shove like this I don't expect us to be good nearly often enough (probably never, vs a TAG). Most busted club draws have made a pair (AcX, KcX) and will simply check down rather than blast all in. I just can't see how he gets to the river with a worse hand that would need to bluff. I expect us to be shown AQ+ here. So just fold.

Regarding prior streets, I think our hand plays better for a call pre rather than a 3b, since we dominate a lot of his steal range but are going to be dominated by a much higher % of his 3B continuing range. It's close, we can 3B AQ for value and A4 for a bluff, AJ/AT may play better for a cold call, without more definitive reads than TAG who does nothing crazy.

Also I might check the turn as played... seems hard to get value from worse hands if he's a TAG, this turn card is either beating us or making it super difficult for him to call again when it's not.

yes.its true but before u call a big pot use yur time and think that are u ready to lose this pot or win it.proper player history is much important and decide it carefully with power.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com