Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Hand from PSO tourny tonight

Old
Hand from PSO tourny tonight - Sun Jun 08, 2014, 10:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2014
BronzeStar
Hand was on the bubble and I was UTG. NLHE I shove in that situation since I have less 11BB. I realize I "could" have laid it down post flop but I figured he had a K and not Ac which gave me nut flush IF it hits. If he has the K he is 55% to my 45% post flop. Too good of odds to lay it down I thought so went all in over his bet. Thoughts John and others??

Old
Sun Jun 08, 2014, 10:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
it is a shove preflop I hate the min raise UTG with 11 bb

The reason I dislike the min-bet in this spot is it opens the door for so many problems do to all those who act behind you.

You tried to over think your hand and play here and the result is what happens, keep it simple and just shove with your stack in this spot you may get looked up more then you think as shoving any 2 UTG is not out of the question here based on your stack.

Once that flop comes and they fire, it becomes an instant fold. I mean what can you really beat there? There bet shows they going to stack if you shove so it a hard place for them to bluff.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 08, 2014, 11:00 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'm pot-raising every chance I get until the chips go into the middle.

If it was NLHE, I'd snap-shove.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 09, 2014, 12:26 AM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
Obv shove in NLHE.

In PLHE I think we should pot it rather than min raise. If we make it 1750 to go and get a caller we'll have a pot sized bet left to shove the flop.

Def not folding this post flop when we hold the Qc. Not sure we can fold even without the Qc.

Villain's defense with K-rag is pretty bad imo vs. your stack and UTG open.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 09, 2014, 08:40 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Wait.. This was the first time I have ever played PL. I don't know it very well..obviously. I thought I DID bet as much as I could preflop. The pot/blinds were 750 and I hit the max slider and I got 1k bet.

As i said in my write up if this was NL I was shoving right away.

Old
Mon Jun 09, 2014, 10:20 AM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
You raised the minimum. To raise the maximum slide the raise bar all the way to the right.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 09, 2014, 02:24 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
I thought I did. Definitely meant to bet as much as I could. Obviously something went screwy. Thanks

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com