Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

what does my stats say about me...?

Old
what does my stats say about me...? - Tue Jun 10, 2014, 05:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013

Hello guys!

Been playing on and off, mostly cause of lack of time and timrzones (i live in norway).

Anywho, i have some Q's about the stats in the PSO open skill league. So i have attached jpg's of my stats after just one tournament.It would be nice if someone would explain to me what it reveals about me as a pokerplayer and maybe more give me hints on what i should change to improve my play
Remember this is after just one tourney, i might have using different techniques in other tourneys... Still learning.

Really hope someone can give me tips.

Regards Gelove - Frode

Old
Tue Jun 10, 2014, 09:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2013
Okay well this is a slightly different format than im used to seeing stats but.......

the big thing that stands out is that you are entering 23% of pots pre-flop but only raising 1% of the time. These stats should be much closer together around 2-5% apart. Essentially this means you are calling way to much and not taking the lead in the betting pre flop.

In laymans terms you are playing passively. You need to work on upping your aggression and look for opportunities to raise preflop in position.

Old
Wed Jun 11, 2014, 03:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2013
thanks etchos

that was a very good tip for me. i have often wondered how different aspects of play makes an impact on other parts of playing.

I know i tend to be quite passively, and this tourney was pso open skill league tourney, so im play passively at the start. its not like playing regular MTT's. but some aspects are a like. what i read out off ur advice is to slow down betting pre-flop, and be more aggressive after the flop.

thanks a lot man!

i take any advice you or others has to share

regards from norway //gelove

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com