Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl AA - call all in turn ?

Old
5nl AA - call all in turn ? - Tue Jun 10, 2014, 06:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
BronzeStar
Hey guys ,

What do you think about this spot , is it a fold or a call?
Villain is unknown , i guess his range on the turn could be at worst :KK-JJ,88,44,Td9d + adding some bluffs in his range can make this call profitable but he is unknown to me .

I can discount from his range preflop AK, AQ, AA and sometimes KK.
On the turn i don't think he has QQ and Td9d (i guess he would rather raised on the flop , or called the turn for value) . That leaves JJ, 88 and 44 = 9 card combinations do i have the right odds to call to assume he is bluffing?

Thanx
Dan

Old
Wed Jun 11, 2014, 05:06 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I just find that people very rarely take this line as a bluff, especially at the micros, so I'd just give him credit for one of the sets and fold.

If he wanted to raise his flush draw, he had a better opportunity to do this on the flop, so why would he do it now on the turn? He might, but I just feel this is way more often sets and even if it is a flush draw, he still has ~20% if you call.

Old
Sun Jun 15, 2014, 12:42 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
But isn't the general rule that people get crazy in 3bet pots and that after betting turn you cant be folding that often since so much is invested? Against a nit i might fold, but against a unknown i usually call in this spot and find that they are holding stranger things than TPTK.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com