Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Zoom 6max - AA preflop shove - bad play? please review

Old
2NL Zoom 6max - AA preflop shove - bad play? please review - Tue Jun 10, 2014, 07:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012

here is the hand. villain is 15/12/4,0 on 36 hand no 3bet and fold to 3bet stats.

So he opens i 3bet and he 4bet <-- this on 2NL Zoom usually mean one thing KK or AA and since I was holding AA i was pretty sure he have KK. My question here is my 5bet shove bad because of deep stacks, maybe it would be better to 5bet for around 2, 2,5$ and play post flop?

Old
Wed Jun 11, 2014, 01:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
At 2NL I pretty much think your play was close to perfect.

When he 4bet's he isnt going away the vast majority of the time. Let him make his mistakes with KK/QQ/AK etc. (Though calling it a mistake to call with KK is maybe pushing it).

I've done this often at 2NL and it works too often for it to be to bad. I'm sure you'll get some replies about balance etc. but you don't worry about that at 2NL.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com