Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

PokerStars Football Fever - Official Discussion

Old
PokerStars Football Fever - Official Discussion - Wed Jun 11, 2014, 01:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
Hi everyone!

I decided to open this post for the discussion about the Football fever promotion and to speak about football!

Do begin the discussion, do you plan to take your chance on the Football Fever? What is your favorite team and your prediction for the Football Mondial?

For my part, I check the Challenges, and I plan to try myself on 25 out of 35 chalenges!

Also, I have the Idea to make a list of all the top player in the All-In tournament! That's a lucky tournament but that could be cool to see who have the more luck with them! Just post you position and if you won money, make us now! I'll update this thread daily!

Cheers,
Spy474

2014 Football Mondial - Best Position

**If it's the wrong section, feel free to move it!**

Old
Football fever promo. - Wed Jun 11, 2014, 01:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2010
Hi!
I hope I'm in the right place to post this question.

In the football fever daily challenges, sometimes you have to play a real money tourney as a challenge. Are the pso2014 series of poker cash tourneys eligible or, do we have to play an actual Pokerstars cash tourney for the daily challenge to be complete?
And I'm guessing a 50cent tourney is as good as a 50$ tourney or, does the buy-in matter?

Thanx guys!

PPat

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 11, 2014, 02:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

No, the PSO games are not part of the Football Fever promotion.

Here's a link that will explain the challenges:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...ly-challenges/

Cheers,
Raiser

***Moved***

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 11, 2014, 02:12 PM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)

If you know anything about football or have watched a sports broadcast in the past six months, you know that we're about to enter football's biggest time. For the next several weeks, football fans' eyes will be glued to the broadcasts from South America. Now, PokerStars is getting in on the act with a little something called Football Fever.
From now until July 13, PokerStars' Football Fever will offer Daily Challenges, a Mission Week, and a $1 million guaranteed phase tourney.
Ready to learn more? Keep reading below.

DAILY CHALLENGES
Every day at midnight ET, a new challenge will start. If you complete the challenge, you will get a tournament ticket you can use to predict the outcome of an upcoming football match. Make the right decision, and you could win money in an All-In Shootout. For more details, see the Football Fever Daily Challenges web page.

GET YOUR OWN FOOTBALL AVATAR
There's no reason to go through the next month without supporting your team, right? You can let all your opponents know who you're rooting for by temporarily changing your PokerStars avatar to your favorite team's flag. Find out how by clicking here.

MISSION WEEK
Once you have got the hang of the Daily Challenges, you'll be ready for Mission Week, July 7-13. You will be assigned a mission. If you complete it, you could get in on one of three $75,000 All-In Shootouts. Start your planning now by visiting the Football Fever Mission Week page.

FOOTBALL FEVER PHASE TOURNEY
Starting today, you will have many chances all day long to play a $27 Phase Tourney. If you make it through Phase 1, your chip stack will carry over to the Football Fever $1 million guaranteed Phase 2 event on July 6th. For full details, head to the Football Fever Phase Tourney page.

For more information, kick on over to the Football Fever web page.

Have fun, football fans.
(courtesy of PokerStarsBlog)

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 11, 2014, 02:15 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
Another pretty banal and uninteresting promo from Stars.

Not playing at all right now and this won't entice me to play.

It was decent the first couple of times but throw something new at us.

Old
Wed Jun 11, 2014, 02:28 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's good that people speak up and say when they don't like something or if they think it's dull.

I do kinda like this promotion though and I will be trying my best to scoop a share of the $1.7 MILLION that's up for grabs!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 11, 2014, 02:38 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post

Not playing at all right now and this won't entice me to play.

It was decent the first couple of times but throw something new at us.
In my point of view, it's just a free 1,7M$ that Pokerstars give us!! It's like giving us a free lottery ticket (Because it's not poker, but lottery here)

Why not take a chance to win a share of that money! I won,t play out of my bankroll, or even make a deposit if I don't want to, but playing some SNG, Scheduled Tournament and Cash game, why not!!

Hope that someone from PSO will grab a share of that 1,7M$ and why not the 1000$

Old
Wed Jun 11, 2014, 02:40 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's good that people speak up and say when they don't like something or if they think it's dull.

I do kinda like this promotion though and I will be trying my best to scoop a share of the $1.7 MILLION that's up for grabs!

Raiser
I totally accept that lots of people like it, have no problem with that, but I just wish they would shake things up a bit.

I know it's probably hard to come up with innovative ideas when it comes to card games but they have lots of money to play with.

Old
Wed Jun 11, 2014, 03:06 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hello,

No, the PSO games are not part of the Football Fever promotion.

Here's a link that will explain the challenges:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...ly-challenges/

Cheers,
Raiser

***Moved***
OK thanx Raiser!

only problem for me now is to pick winners ....I know nothing of football lol

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 11, 2014, 03:12 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy474 View Post
In my point of view, it's just a free 1,7M$ that Pokerstars give us!! It's like giving us a free lottery ticket (Because it's not poker, but lottery here)

Why not take a chance to win a share of that money! I won,t play out of my bankroll, or even make a deposit if I don't want to, but playing some SNG, Scheduled Tournament and Cash game, why not!!

Hope that someone from PSO will grab a share of that 1,7M$ and why not the 1000$
I'll possibly qualify for some of them inadvertently but it's not going to inspire me to play new games.

The promo is +EV, not knocking that, only the repetitiveness.

Old
Thu Jun 12, 2014, 02:01 AM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
Football Fever?

Pffft,it's at least a month before NFL training camps open.

Old
. - Thu Jun 12, 2014, 05:30 AM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy474 View Post

Mate , to be correct it isn't a free 1.7M$ , because the guaranteed 1M$ in the phase tourney will be raised by the players most likely

Old
Thu Jun 12, 2014, 06:33 AM
(#13)
So,as of right now, aprox. 6800 people chose brazil to win and only aprox. 380 for Croatia to win.

So, if Croatia was to surprise brazil and the shootout started right now only 380 people would participate and they would be way up in the money bracket even before the tourney started. I think that's awesome!!!

So the goal would be to predict surprise matches and hope they come through for a better chance at some good money. RIGHT?

For those who know football a little bit , do you see ANY SURPRISES in the scheduled matches?
Can Croatia actually beat Brazil?

PPat

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 12, 2014, 06:57 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPat13 View Post
Can Croatia actually beat Brazil?
PPat
Croatia are a good side, anything is possible.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 12, 2014, 08:34 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn It Up 1 View Post
Mate , to be correct it isn't a free 1.7M$ , because the guaranteed 1M$ in the phase tourney will be raised by the players most likely
You I made a mistake. But on the 1,7M, 500k are completely given by Pokerstars for the daily challenges! So that's some really free money!

And for Brazil, I think they will have a lot of pressure maybe to much even. So Croatia can beat Brazil. I don't will win the cup, to much pressure.

And I'm going with the odds for the winning team, as i don't know a lot of football. We will see if we can win something :P

Old
Thu Jun 12, 2014, 09:11 AM
(#16)
Since: Apr 2012
Croatia are a very good side and with Jelavic and Eduardo in their team definitely have the ability to score, but against a side as strong as Brazil who are at home and it's the first game, not to mention the climate.. I don't see Brazil losing. As for the other games I'm not too sure about many upsets but I can foresee a few draws in some of the first round matches.

Keep an eye on France, great team but have a history of making the final or falling apart and losing their group: '98 Champions, '02 out in group stage, '06 2nd place, '10 out in group stage. So due for a final but weather could play a part. First match will be telling against an underrated Honduras (10/1 to beat France) who will be used to the South American climate.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 12, 2014, 09:45 AM
(#17)
Since: Oct 2012
im liking the phase tourney they have got, looking forward to this, and the promo's i look at it as a bonus for me playing, id play without the added incentives anyway

go the socceroos!

Old
Thu Jun 12, 2014, 01:36 PM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2010
Write codes for challenges because site pstars.com closed for bulgaria

Old
Thu Jun 12, 2014, 01:46 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by g12598 View Post
Write codes for challenges because site pstars.com closed for bulgaria
Please email support@pokerstars.com for assistance.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Shootout World Cup Promo--- the right choice or the value choice? - Thu Jun 12, 2014, 02:12 PM
(#20)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
OK
So its quite obvious that the right odds/chances of a scoreline in these shootout promo games is getting the most number of players.

So 10,000 for a win, 2,000 for a loss and 2,000 for a draw

So if i pick the one that is most likely to win, I am pretty much unlikely to win a prize since the field size puts me at a big disadvantage.

Howevever, if i go for the longshot, it has a lot more likelyness to happen (since football scores are a lot less variance than poker tournament fields. And if they get the result, boom... i am in a g'teed high prize pool with less players for a better chance at cashing bigger

So, which variance line do you take?

The higher field on the higher odds result scoreline or the shorter field but lower liklihood of aactually winning.

Thoughts please!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com