Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6m zoom, what to do best?

Old
10NL 6m zoom, what to do best? - Wed Jun 11, 2014, 07:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-h...421_1765FC5F02

Villain: 83/67/0 in micro 6hands sample

Don't really know what to do best. I deffo don't like my line and on top of that, I made sizing errors.

So please, how to procede on this awesome flop?

I think I should have raised OTF but am I trying to get it in, there and now?

Turn is a pretty bad card, still no reason to think my outs are all bad imo, so I raise to build a pot in case I hit and if he folds, I'm happy as well. My sizing is wrong, should be around $3.. right?

River is horrible and I have little to none fold-equity because of my sizing OTT, but still shoving is the only way I could potentially win the hand. If I check I'm certainly beat, so take that one shot or give up and minimalize losses?

Old
Wed Jun 11, 2014, 11:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi rk,

Firstly vs a villain who seems over 6 hands to be hyper aggressive, I would like to 3b to isolate him here. Unless we have a known whale in the blinds we want to invite along, he seems like a great candidate to call OOP with worse hands.

I don't dislike getting it in on the flop but I think calling is fine, he's super wide and has a lot of weak hands and bluffs... even if we don't improve AJ has tangible showdown value. I don't see any great reason to raise the turn, for the same reasons. He will probably fold his bluffs only, which we are beating anyway, and if he puts us all in we'll have to call off with this much in the middle, but be a significant dog now with 1 card to come (and can be drawing dead sometimes).

I really want to address the river action though. I think moving in on the river is significantly -EV. He is never, ever folding a better hand than ours imo for $4.41 into $15. He is never really calling with worse hands. I doubt we can even get him to fold a chop (Ax) for this price on the river. Just check and show it down.

Also in conjunction with that, you said
Quote:
but still shoving is the only way I could potentially win the hand. If I check I'm certainly beat
This is absolutely not true. It's critical you are ranging him, if you do it becomes clear we have some reasonable showdown value with our ace. Hands which a possible wild man can show up with at the river which we beat include: KdQx, KxQd, KJ, K7s, Q7s, 77, 2d2 x-6d6x

The fact that he folded to your shove is a likely indicator that we did in fact have the best hand with just our ace, unless he somehow folded a hand like A7/AJ and we were tied.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com