50NL, T9s Turn and River Play

Old
50NL, T9s Turn and River Play - Fri Jun 13, 2014, 01:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Any point in X raising the turn here?

BU(89): 16/11/7.0
ATS: 29

As played jam river for value? looking to get called by big over pairs and Tx?

Old
Sat Jun 14, 2014, 01:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
I think you should 3b your entire continuing range 100bb deep sb vs btn with a semi-competent player in the bb.

Calling is ok if bb is a drooler.

As played i don't see any value in raising vs a nit.

I don't expect anyone decent to call with worse (though he made fold a K high or A high bluff). I don't think you are turning a flush into a bluff though...

Old
Sat Jun 14, 2014, 06:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi dirt eh,

Consider how better this hand would have played out had we 3bet preflop
I'm not calling with T9s oop (sb particularly), not even if the BB is a whale.

As played, river is tricky for 3 reasons: 1. will villain stack off with their overpair? 2. it's 3 handed and villain could be loosening up ALOT so would they have worse flushes (I only see 87s, 76s; our T9 and the 5 and 4 on board block so much worse SCs)? We called two streets already on a paired T and the river still did not deter villain from betting, I don't think we will see any bluffs in their river betting range so now the question is: how strong is our hand when there is only 1 T left for trips, and we don't beat most backdoor flushes, and there is no bluffs in villains range?

Old
Sat Jun 14, 2014, 07:13 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
If he was to 3 barrel bluff here he is trying to fold 66-99? as we have no over pairs to fold on this club river anyway and we have some club floats on the turn?

Looks like a terrible spot to bluff to me and the nits barreling range on that turn is going to have clubs over pairs trips boats i don't see why he would barrel a 4club turn with total air.

The river looks like a call/ fold i doubt he ever calls with worse.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com