Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

50NL, KQ 3B pot

Old
50NL, KQ 3B pot - Fri Jun 13, 2014, 02:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I'm not happy how I played this hand. My float is pretty bad vs. this player type imo.
This villain type has been giving me a lot of problems at 50NL+. I don't trust these types of players.

Is there any point of just checking back this river in order to see what this villain is 3B double barreling with? OR we just betting this river for thin value?

Thanks,

Villain

Old
Sat Jun 14, 2014, 01:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
We have so much better hands to continue with on this flop.

We'll have QJ with backdoors, pairs etc. We really don't have to defend KQ. We also have reverse implied odds when we hit a K or Q because his he has all combos of AK and AQ and we don't.

As played, easy shove otr.

Old
Sat Jun 14, 2014, 05:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
We have so much better hands to continue with on this flop.

We'll have QJ with backdoors, pairs etc. We really don't have to defend KQ. We also have reverse implied odds when we hit a K or Q because his he has all combos of AK and AQ and we don't.

As played, easy shove otr.
How is QJ better than KQ on a 7 high flop?

Old
Sat Jun 14, 2014, 06:10 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi dirt eh,

On this kind of board I expect villain to be cbetting alot its just such a dry flop that is hard to hit anyone really. I think our flop float might be slightly better had the 3bettor been in the SB (which kind of makes our hand somewhat strong against their range)and that's because I feel SB should be 3betting more than the BB who can make more calls since they get better odds and close the action. The problem with floating this flop is that we need to also think about the turn because we should expect some double barrels and our hand only improves on 6 outs since we lack backdoor equity. So I'm thinking, and this really depends on our opponent, if it's going to be profitable to raise if not flop then some turns but our stack depth really sucks for that matter so how we play this hand should be decided OTF but the thing is even if we flat with AA preflop there's no hands that we will raise the flop with for value so we are approaching this as a purely exploitative play which I think is not brilliant against this opponent in particular.
On the river, I feel I would bet something really silly like maybe 7$ to get them either curious to call or induce them to raise.

Old
Sat Jun 14, 2014, 07:34 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
@mike i said with backdoors.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com