Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

50NL, flopped NFD turn and river play.

Old
50NL, flopped NFD turn and river play. - Mon Jun 16, 2014, 02:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Villain: 25/19/2.0 (57 hands)

This was played at the regular tables... check back turn as played?

What's the play OTR?

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 05:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Call flop geez.

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 10:26 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
What's the play OTR?
None, I would of folded way before

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 11:30 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Call flop geez.
I usually do just call, but I'm leaking so much money at these stakes calling with draws instead of raising draws. At the micros, calling was just fine but I feel like we need to both raise these boards here on the flop as well as just call. Gotta mix it up, especially at the regular tables.

If we just call, and we miss OTT. Are we check shoving if the villain bets again? or do we just X fold?

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 12:02 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
I disagree. Why do you feel you have to 'mix it up' all of a sudden? Just play solid and balanced. The hands you are posting recently are really spewey without good reasoning.

It's a lot easier to balance calling ranges than raising ranges.

We'd just x/fold river.

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 12:27 PM
(#6)
Yes, I am feeling spewy lately. I think that after I posted my 25nl graph I decided that I needed to semi bluff more often and include a few river bluffs into my game. The thing that's been bothering me at the higher levels is that I'm playing more defensive poker than offensive. I'm almost turning into a passive player do to the higher aggression at these stakes. I will get it figured out, just really annoying when players are 4b jamming J9o in the CO vs. a BTN 3B... It's crazy up here.

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 01:48 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2013
Look like villain turned some showdown value on the K with something like KTdd?

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 01:55 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

Given the line we took, shoving river is fine imo, it should have a good expectation as a bluff on this run out imo. And we have no showdown value with ace high in this spot, so go for it.

Definitely prefer calling the flop, this is not a good board texture for us to c/r vs. the PFR and it sets us up to face a 3b that we may not even be able to call. And I actually think we should fold now to this large 3b sizing. 4b shove would be better than calling his reraise, but folding is better still imo. We have a max implied odds of 4.3-1, but are unlikely to realize our equity as we will often be facing a turn shove when we miss and have to fold then. Calling his reraise was, imo, the worst option.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 02:10 PM
(#9)
Dave what do you think villain raises flop and checks back that turn with?

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 02:38 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Dave what do you think villain raises flop and checks back that turn with?
AQ, KdXd would be our target hands to fold out

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 03:02 PM
(#11)
Why would he re raise AQ though? Is that something you would do.

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 03:04 PM
(#12)
Well... this is why I posted the hand... I decided to ship river. Villain tanked and called with QJ... 50NL is fun! LOL

Old
Tue Jun 17, 2014, 12:09 AM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Why would he re raise AQ though? Is that something you would do.
I think I've said this before, but.... don't be quick to attribute what you or I would do to what a random (57 hand sample) villain does.

You asked the question. AQ is a hand some players might reraise on the flop, and slow down on a K turn. I'm not saying it's good, and LOL NO I would not do it.

Remember I'm just saying a river shove isn't bad given how the hand played and the run out... but the flop play is not how I would do it at either decision point and what got us in this pickle in the first place. We're lucky we even saw the river, much (most) of the time we are getting moved in on the turn and folding there (I hope).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 17, 2014, 02:51 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I think I've said this before, but.... don't be quick to attribute what you or I would do to what a random (57 hand sample) villain does.

You asked the question. AQ is a hand some players might reraise on the flop, and slow down on a K turn. I'm not saying it's good, and LOL NO I would not do it.

Remember I'm just saying a river shove isn't bad given how the hand played and the run out... but the flop play is not how I would do it at either decision point and what got us in this pickle in the first place. We're lucky we even saw the river, much (most) of the time we are getting moved in on the turn and folding there (I hope).
Right ok that makes sense, cheers.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com