Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

50NL, QQ very strange hand

Old
50NL, QQ very strange hand - Mon Jun 16, 2014, 02:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
PF: I decided to flat considering we're semi deep.

OTF: Villain continues and I think this is a mandatory raise on this board.

OTT: I continue my aggression only to see the villain XR me OTT! I thought that this was really strange. Not sure if I should have jammed over this raise or not. Only worried about KK. Not really worried about JT, I think that would have 3bet me OTF trying to get it in. I call...

OTR: Blank. Villain now checks... now what...

Villain(678 hands):21/16/1.9
ATS: 32
4B range: 2
Cbet: 60 on 47 samples

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 03:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I'd 3bet pre, but I can understand the call.

Flop is fairly wet so I think raising is good because we can get calls with worse hands and we are so very underrepped.

Turn, I think he can have a lot of two pair combinations here, top pair (Though its an extremely thin value raise if it is just top pair), he can have sets too of course. Nothing beats us on the turn that wasn't already beating us on the flop ie. JT.

I think on the river I would make a small bet with the intention of calling any shove. Something like $18. I've often seen villains spazz out to that kind of bet (Admittedly not at 50NL).

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 05:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Call pre is rly bad. Your expect to 3b this spot quite often as a bluff and if you aren't 3betting QQ, then you'll be too bluff heavy.

It's not uncommon for regs to 4b/call 99 BvB, which gives you an idea as to how much value you are loosing by just calling pre.

As played, flop is whatever, i'd rather call.

I think given we shouldn't have QQ in our range we should just shove otr. We rep missed hearts well and villain can easily check a hand like 99 waiting to snap off a bluff.

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 07:33 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
I don't think you are that deep to not 4bet QQ and get it it in in that spot. Following that thought, i should be looking to get it in in with middle set there. Your sizing look small on that draw heavy board. He gave you the opportunity to ship it on turn. I would take that. The hand looks like you were playing with a 200BBs deep mentality and scared of shiping it. Is it really that much money to be a mistake to get it in there? (not a rhetorical question) On the river, the villain looks week to me. I would bet small and call a shove.

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 10:32 AM
(#5)
Definitely 3 bet pre and all in if he 4bets
Flop is Ok
I'm shoving his re-raise on the turn

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 01:45 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

I agree with 3-betting pre for the reasons already given itt.

Post flop is fine imo, and I would shove this river all day long expecting to get hero'd by some fairly weak hands given the situation and the fact we look like a busted draw is a real possibility.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com