Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

50NL, Flopped Nut Flush Slowplay

Old
50NL, Flopped Nut Flush Slowplay - Mon Jun 16, 2014, 03:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Any point of taking this line vs. SUPERNOVA nit? Doesn't have run it twice enabled, not sure if that makes a difference here or not. Usually I would just ship this OTF.

SUPERNOVA(187): 19/18/3.3
ATS:33
BTN Steal:53
Fold vs. 3B sample too small

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 04:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I dont think his Supernova status is relevant. He could be a rakeback grinder, he could be a huge winner, I think that is more important in the hand.

The problem with just calling his raise is that if another club rolls off, and he truly is a nit, then it should probably stall the action unless we know he gets tied to sets, overpairs etc.

I assume it was flush over flush here or flush over set. So the money was probably going in at some point regardless.

Old
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 06:02 PM
(#3)
Totally agree bhoy... I have no idea why I took this line... lol I might turn off the VIP status of players. Seems to make me do weird stuff.

Old
Tue Jun 17, 2014, 12:21 AM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

I too prefer to reraise this spot on the flop. If we thought the villain was bluffing frequently then we could just call and risk an action killing club coming off, but I'm not sure he is, people just tend to react more honestly on monotone boards in my experience. Your line isn't bad, there's arguments for both, I just think we are better off 3-betting right now vs. strong hands and his action will be that more often than not.

As an aside, I don't think this guy is even close to nit. 19/18 is tight but quite nit imo. And nits certainly don't have overall steal % of 33 and button steal 53%. TAG yes, nit not quite.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com