Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM, KK in 4B pot OOP pot control line

Old
10NL ZOOM, KK in 4B pot OOP pot control line - Tue Jun 17, 2014, 01:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
We're 199bb deep. I decide to 4B small, I don't want to be faced with a 5B this deep. Maybe this 4B sizing was a bit wrong, idk.

As played, is line going to be a good line in a 4B pot when we're OOP on this board texture? I also think I should have cbet larger... about 2/3 pot OTF and 2/3 pot OTR?

Thanks,

Villain(12): 42/25/0.3

Old
Tue Jun 17, 2014, 04:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I would just bet every street against him and reevaluate if he raises.

I think, against a virtual unknown, we can give him credit if he makes a raise on turn or river but he could call us down with worse hands.

Old
Wed Jun 18, 2014, 02:04 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

The 4b sizing is definitely too small. A standard sizing would start around 1.75. And I think we have some compelling reasons to increase that in this hand, namely:

-Stacks are deeper than normal
-Villain seems like a loose caller candidate
-Villain gets to play the pot in position if he calls.

I favor more like 2.25 here.

Given that our small sizing has likely keep his range as wide as possible, I don't favor offering him a free card on the turn... just go bet/bet/bet like bhoy suggests imo. Or we could possible check/call river if all the draws bust. I lean towards betting river though (and definitely like betting the turn).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com