Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6max - raising river bet? Value or compulsory virtual nuts

Old
5NL 6max - raising river bet? Value or compulsory virtual nuts - Tue Jun 17, 2014, 11:28 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Still a bit confused when you get a penalty for not raising river with the nuts.

With 66 flop a boat and see worse boat hands 44 55 on turn and river. Though quad 88 and a couple of straight flush combos could beat me.

Thinking here it's a value raise and not compulsory to raise as there are better relative hands out there?

Old
Wed Jun 18, 2014, 01:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
You don't have the nuts, and the rule doesn't exist online, so not raising is always an option. Not one that I would take.

I'd raise flop or turn, I want to stack him with what should be the best hand, lots of hands that will call.

Hard to say when no info is given on opponent but I don't think we got nearly enough value here.

Old
Wed Jun 18, 2014, 02:17 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Yes thinking maybe not a ruling because I see better hands out there, raising river and leaving 1/2 my stack behind.

Please shove? I call happy or missed value by not shoving the full 5 bucks. What worse calls the big bet only when I'm beat?

We can't raise turn and fold out worse vs any made nut or sick draw. Been busted many times relatively better than a boat it hurts. It can't be? Is it? Yes it is?

Old
Wed Jun 18, 2014, 02:53 AM
(#4)
Unless he has 97h or quad 8's, what exactly do you think is beating you?

You'll get action from most overpairs, all flushes and worse houses if he cbets with 4's or 5's on that board.

And again, online you can check back the nuts, there is no penalty so that isn't worth mentioning.

Old
Wed Jun 18, 2014, 04:41 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
Hand is wp.

Really dislike raising at any point other than the river.

Old
Wed Jun 18, 2014, 05:22 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Hand is wp.

Really dislike raising at any point other than the river.
Even though at 5NL we can get plenty of action from worse hands?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com