Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl 6 max Euro - playing OOP

Old
2nl 6 max Euro - playing OOP - Fri Jun 20, 2014, 10:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
Hey guys,

After some time spent on Zoom at 2/5/10 nl $ I finally decided that I suck ! Really.
Then looked at stats - it confirmed my doubts.
As it turns out, one of my biggest leaks was to play BB in an extremely loose passive way.
All good, after 1500 hands played at the 2nl regular tables i tried to fix this, and it worked, by raising my BB if I wanted to defend or fold. Raising / folding depends heavily on my reads on my opponents.
And this is a perfect example where I raise :
Hand 1
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...761_4FC1B34D7D

Both villains are loose passive players, the one at the end is 37/12 (130+ hands) ! and likes chasing things like TPWK and flushes.
As now, I know, defending that aggro the BB is a leak, I find it a leak in itself just not to defend when facing certain kind of opponents in spots like these.

Would very much appreciate your thoughts on the matter, not just the hand.

Thanks and regards,
Shoim

There are no more than 10 minutes after that hand, that one of them (the one that folded) plays this hand like this :
Hand 2
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...905_BB38F90FCF

Last edited by shoim; Fri Jun 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM..

Old
Fri Jun 20, 2014, 10:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi,

More often than not, while sitting in the SB or BB facing a steal attempt (possibly CO, BTN or SB) you should be considering either to raise or fold, not calling.

You say that villains in the first boom hand are loose passives. What was the stats on the first villain because if he has a PFR of say 8% then his raise should be consider as strong. I faced a similar situation where I was holding 65s and cold called both villains. After hand analysis I was told to dump the hand. I may be told otherwise for this but you could consider a call, as you state they are loose passive (The first thing that springs to mind is that they won't fold and will more than likely call you down with junk, also you are facing two opponents so more likely to be called)

By cold calling you invest little preflop, and if you hit your monster draw, and hit on the turn, you may have the implied odds to see a positive return on your investment over the long run. If this is not the case, then dump the hand preflop - loose passive villains don't really like to fold.

The second boom hand is different.

Because villain UTG limps into the pot (this is usually a weak hand, whereas within the previous hand villain actually raised). Here you should either raise or fold. Raising is the best option, punish the villain for limping as you could take it down there and then, or on the flop by cbetting flop with high cards present on the board (Ace, Queen, etc). Your raise sizing appears good in my eyes. Since you have a drawing hand to the flush, and are out of position keep up the aggression by betting, if called you could hit your flush. The rest plays itself.

I hope that helps. It would be good to hear from others.

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Fri Jun 20, 2014, 11:25 AM
(#3)
Hey Matt,

Thanks for the input. Btw real name (and I should use it more often is Bogdan)
This was a very interesting session about my topic with same guys, same opponents (I hate calling people villains ) :
Hand 3

2 Hands later :
Hand 4

3 hands later the table broke

All hands are played on same type of players over a small sample. A word on this 'reading' of mine : I do not take them stats for granted if there is less than 500 hands sample, it is just an overall 'feeling' that I get and try to adjust to them.

Would very much like to continue discussion on this topic : playing OOP vs Loose Passive players.
Hand review is ofc more than welcome.

Cheers and regards
Shoim (Bogdan)

Last edited by shoim; Fri Jun 20, 2014 at 11:38 AM..

Old
Fri Jun 20, 2014, 11:31 AM
(#4)
Oh, one more thing, I am aware each hand has a degree of flaws on my side. And I know they are all different, but that is precisely why I'd love to have a discussion over the topic as I guess I am not the only one struggling with these types of situations.

Old
Fri Jun 20, 2014, 11:51 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 20, 2014, 12:23 PM
(#6)
^^ Thanks John

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com