played on a open school league .

should i c bet the plop ?

Old
Fri Jun 20, 2014, 11:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Preflop, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for this blind level is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper (1350). When raising preflop, I always need to adjust for the limpers or my raise will be too small and give the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

On the flop, whether I c-bet or not needs to be based on a read of the opps.. how were they playing, tight, loose, passive (assuming so since they did not raise nor bet flop), aggressive. When submitting a hand for review, please include this information on the opps, as it's critical for deciding the best course of action.

Without any information, I'd say about 75% of the time, I'll make a standard 2/3 pot c-bet, but I will not if any of the opps are calling stations or known to like check/raising.

If I don't bet the flop, when it checks back to me on the turn, I will make a delayed c-bet here and size it at a standard bet of 2/3 pot.

The river completes both a straight draw and a flush draw and now a passive opp makes a pot-sized bet. This type of bet is usually from an opp with a made hand that is trying to make up value due to having the prior streets checked. Only having one pair, this is an easy fold on the river.

In a league game, I do not want to be all-in unless I know that I have the best hand. Here, I only have one pair, so it's an option that I don't even want to consider. I need to save my chips in order to outlast more players and accumulate more league points.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com