Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 21, 2014, 12:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi self,

Reads would help... game flow, dynamic, anything.

Regardless, I think this is a hand we can play pretty straight forwardly vs. a random opening the button. I like the 3b pre. Flop c-bet is fine, there's a number of worse hands that can call and we do have back door clubs to bail us out sometimes against Kx.

The turn is where this hand really goes awry. We get a couple of bad events... first we get called on our flop c-bet, then a coordinating turn card comes that is generally bad for our range and good for the positional player. I think we should check here. I would c/f to a big bet, probably c/c a small one. Really though, we have 2nd pair, on a coordinated board, out of position... it's a bad spot that we should be reticent to throw too much money at. When you bet, and the villain responds by moving all in, that's too much money. Fold here all day long. Routinely playing 165bb pots with 2nd pair is a recipe for disaster, we should only be doing this in very specific scenarios and this isn't close to one of them imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 21, 2014, 02:05 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2012
BronzeStar
thanks dave, not much too read yet 3rd or 4th hand,thanks for the input figured it was a hero shove on my part,smelled bluff,on a much happier note i re load and got up to over a $100.00

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com