Since: Jun 2014

Played right, or at least decent?

Old
Sun Jun 22, 2014, 04:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'd 3-bet to about 6k preflop as I don't want to be in a multiway pot where there can easily be an A or K on the flop.

Bet 1/2 pot, then 3-bet shove the flop. I don't want to let the opp see an A or K on the turn if they have one. I want to get their chips into the pot before they can see a card that beats me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 22, 2014, 05:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I'd 3-bet to about 6k preflop as I don't want to be in a multiway pot where there can easily be an A or K on the flop.

Bet 1/2 pot, then 3-bet shove the flop. I don't want to let the opp see an A or K on the turn if they have one. I want to get their chips into the pot before they can see a card that beats me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

It sure does, you've been a lot of help, John

my opener on the $4.40 today

Old
Sun Jun 22, 2014, 06:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
With AK, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for this blind level is to 3BB+1BB for each limper (80). I don't want to bet less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. I want to be making bets where I expect to gain chips, not ones where I'd expect to lose chips.

I then get 2 calls, a min-raise and a call. If I'm going to re-raise, I need to make a standard raise. This is to between 3x the previous bet (300) and a pot-sized raise (500). I cannot raise to less than this for the same reasons that I can't initially raise less.

On a flop that totally misses me, I need to check. I do not want to blindly bluff at pots when the opps won't fold. Too many opps, especially early in tourneys, won't fold.. and due to this, I only want to be making standard value bets with made hands, not bluffing.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com